YES, this is a THING. I must have been living under a rock, because this is the first I’d heard of National Pumpkin Destruction Day, but now that I know…I TOTALLY want to gather up my friends and family, grab the jack o’lanterns that are left rotting on the front steps and porches and head to this FUN event happening around the country.
THE ROCK RANCH
If you happen to be in the Atlanta area, you are lucky to be able to head to the people who pioneered this fun way to spend the day. Held on the Saturday following Halloween (November 7, 2015), National Pumpkin Destruction Day offers family a way to recycle their pumpkins and watch some #Thanks30 CrAzInESS.
This signature event is highly visual and continues to grow in popularity allowing guests to destroy pumpkins in nearly every way imaginable. National Pumpkin Destruction Day (The Saturday after Halloween) is now listed in the 2015 Chase’s Calendar of Events.
- Pumpkin-bombing airplanes, monster trucks crushing pumpkins (and crushing cars), pumpkin archery, reverse pumpkin darts and more
- Guests can bring their own pumpkin to recycle through fun methods such as:
- the pumpkin cannon, pumpkin bowling
- the hammer smash and the 40 ft. lift crane pumpkin drop
- We’ll demolish pumpkins from The Rock Ranch until they’re all destroyed
- Rides in a professional monster truck will be available for $6 per person
The Rock Ranch keeps about 6,000 pumpkins out of landfills each year by using them for a fun and memorable activity and then composting them or feeding them to The Rock Ranch cows
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 7, 2014 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Rock Ranch: 5020 Barnesville Hwy. The Rock, Ga (about an hour south of Atlanta)
For more info visit: The Rock Ranch
For more ways to enjoy me time or family time, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- 14 Healthy Drink Recipes to Pamper Yourself With by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Lazy Date Night by Controlled Confusion
- Family Movie Time by Life with Lisa
- Family Fun – National Pumpkin Destruction Day by Champagne Living
- Girls Day Out Waters Edge Resort and Spa by Tools 2 Tiaras
- 3 of Our Favorite Family Games by Rajean Blomquist
Would your brand like to participate in #Thanks30? Fill out this form for more information.
Ellen Christian (@ellenblogs) says
What a cool idea! We generally bake with ours or feed them to the ducks and chickens.
Crissy Beam says
I LOVE this idea.. this is definitely going to be a tradition we adopt.. this have the boys names written all over it!!
Lisa from Life with Lisa says
Sounds like fun!