There are often various signs that it’s time to remodel your bathroom. For example, you may have noticed that you are dealing with various plumbing issues or an increased build-up of damp or mildew in the room. Nevertheless, remodeling your bathroom is not without its benefits. For example, a new, energy-efficient space can significantly increase the value of your property. Furthermore, you’ll also start to enjoy your daily bath/shower instead of viewing it as something of a formality.
With that in mind, here are some easy ways in which you can bring hotel-level luxury into your bathroom!
- Have a clear design in mind for your bathroom before you begin the renovation process – drawing inspiration from blogs, social media accounts, and showrooms. Once you have an idea of the kind of space you want, put together a few sketches and a mood board. This can help your builder/renovator understand your vision, meaning that you can work together to turn your dreams into reality.
- Begin transforming the space by installing new Bathroom tiles, which are often available in a range of unique designs and styles. Not only are tiles an excellent choice for bathrooms as they are durable and water-resistant, but they can also bring in an element of luxury that you would struggle to create otherwise.
- Install underfloor heating to ensure that you never have to dread stepping out of a warm shower onto a cold floor ever again. They are surprisingly easy to install and incredibly energy efficient – meaning that you can save money on your monthly heating bill.
- Deep clean the space, ensuring that you remove any signs of mold and mildew, which could have a significantly negative impact on your overall health if left to build up. Once your renovations are completed, ensure that you stick to a cleaning schedule to keep everything in good working order. For example, you could spend around ten minutes every other day cleaning your bathroom.
- Don’t be afraid to invest in your fittings (toilet, bath, and sink) – as the more you spend, the longer they will last. Cheaper fittings may seem like a more attractive option, but it is likely that they are of lower quality, and you will have to replace them more often.
- Keep an eye out for luxury items that will stand the test of time and always remain in fashion, such as free-standing baths. Freestanding or claw-footed baths simply scream luxury and will be the first thing that any guest notices when they step into the room. If space allows, you can also opt for a walk-in shower.
- Renew your bathroom with luxury linens, throwing away the old towels that you’ve been holding onto for several years. Keep them warm whenever you are in the bath by installing a heated shower rack or hanging them over your heater.
- Don’t be afraid to treat yourself to luxury products such as bubble baths, shampoo, and conditioner.
- Choose soft, warm lighting for your bathroom that helps create a welcoming atmosphere.