You called and called but there was no answer. I don’t know about you, but when I call a friend or Ben and repeatedly dial over and over again with no response I get
When Ben goes to a concert in Tampa (2 hours away) and I haven’t heard from him, I get sick to my stomach. No matter how old your kids are, you worry about them when they’re out of your site. If my besties Ava, Rachel, Jewel, or Lisa and I are supposed to meet up for drinks and dinner and I can’t FIND them – it can be frustrating, and when you’ve got employees that work outside of the office you want them to be able to clock in & out easily without having to wait for you to pick up the phone.
There’s a phone app (iPhone and Android) called Trackster that has it ALL under control for YOU.
For just $4.99 and $1.99 a month your smartphone and computer can be turned into a full-featured tracking monitor. You’ll know where your employees, friends, or kids are with the availability of historical location data.
Here’s the deal from the Trackster site ~
- Manage your fleet and see where your employees are using your smartphone, iPad, tablet or PC
- Reroute employees for priority jobs using a Google Map to see who is closest
- Cost jobs by having employees check in and out of service calls; Trackster™ calculates time-on-site automatically
- Set application to TRACK ONLY DURING WORK HOURS
- Track your kids’ locations — view where they are and where they’ve been
- Allow your kids to check in wherever they are, and receive notifications when they do
- Text your kids right from the app
- Monitor your kids from your phone or your computer
- Track your friends’ locations — where they are and where they’ve been
- Check in wherever you go or text from the app
- Send Facebook updates and invite your Facebook friends to join you on Trackster™ and Tweet your location
- Choose who can track you — and who can’t track you
My questions for you are
How would YOU use an app like this?
Can you see how it would help you keep track of family or friends?
Would you be interested in trying something like this out (I’m going to see if I can get them to give some away here).
This is AWESOME! Now that my boys are getting older, I have been looking for an easy non-intrusive way to keep up with them. This looks like the perfect solution!
As an employee I would not like it. I kind of think it is creepy. It would be great for parents monitoring their kids though
I could really see using this for my two teenage daughters. Sometimes I can’t reach them and I start to worry, but I don’t want to bother them either!
I feel the exact same way, not so much to be intrusive….but more so that I know they’re safe.
For employees it’s a great way to be able to check in to a job without having to call the boss when you get there. For people who work at different job sites, it would cut down on wait time.
When my daughter gets older, I’ll want to track her.
Wow! This would be awesome for a parent!
I would love to be able to track my family members! I wonder though, is it like the Find iPhone app where my kids can turn it off without me knowing? If you were able to input some sort of security key or password to keep the tracking ON then I think it sounds awesome!
Benjamin Sandler says
Yes you have the option of hiding the app
I can totally see myself using something like this with my kids. Kind of weird with friends though. I’m glad they have it fixed so strangers can’t use it to track you. Hello stalkers?
This looks like a really cool way to keep track of people. I’ve seen this sort of thing attempted before but this one may really work in a practical way.
I’m on the fence if this is a good thing or not, but I have to give props for coming up with an interesting concept.
Jen-Eighty MPH Mom says
I have a 15 year old son, so while I’m supposed to be letting him spread his wings a bit and hang out without me, I’m always worried to death. This would definitely help…