I dread Mondays. I have my coffee and open my computer and can’t write. It happens EVERY SINGLE WEEK. It’s not like I leave the house to go to my job, I should be able to sit down and write no matter WHAT day of the week it is, and I usually can – with the exception of Monday.
- I want to still be in relaxation mode
- I want to sit by the pool with a margarita in hand
- I want to live in my PJs ALL DAY LONG
- I don’t want to cook and would be happy eating leftover pizza from Saturday
In honor of my Monday procrastination I bring you a recipe…the perfect MONDAY PROCRASTINATION RECIPE directly from one of my favorite foodie getaways – Massanutten Resort.
SMOKED PINEAPPLE JALAPENO MARGARITA
- 1 oz of jalepeno infused Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila (2 fresh jalapenos per 1L bottle)
- 1/4 oz Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- Fresh muddled house smoked pineapple
- House made lemon lime sour
- Smoked Salt Rim
- Jalepeno and grilled pineapple garnish
While you won’t get EXACTLY the same effect from a store bought lemon lime sour, you can easily smoke some pineapple on the grill when you BBQ.
Better yet, GO to Massanutten Resort and order one at Base Camp. It’s a great destination for couples or families and the food and drinks are as outstanding as the activities, accomodations and views.
- Massanutten is a 4-season resort, so ANY time is a great time to go.
- For more information & to book your vacation visit: MassanuttenResort.com & have a Smoked pineapple jalapeno margarita for me please.