The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
The new move hasn’t been without a bit of worry.
I came from a gated community where even I couldn’t get in if I were in someone else’s automobile without an ID or having Mr. S call the gate to let me in. My new neighborhood is not gated and off of a main road. I love the community, but I was used to the security. The problem was that I didn’t want to add an extra $100- $200 per month PLUS installation for a regular service.
When I learned about the Netgear Arlo system (available at Best Buy), I knew it would be the solution that I had been looking for. Arlo is independent of monthly services and is easily installed….something even I could do. I opted for the 4 camera set, as I knew that I wanted a camera by the front, one in the garage, one in the living room and one overlooking the pool (for those kids who LOVE to go pool hopping – GOTCHA). This exclusive set is only available at Best Buy, and offers the 4 motion-activated security cameras. I can use my phone to watch the 720p video footage any time I am away (day or night).
Arlo by Netgear
- Downloadable apps enable you to view live video from your compatible Android, Apple® iOS, Amazon Kindle, Windows or Mac device
- Completely wire free, for use inside and outside – weatherproof for temperatures ranging from 14° to 122°
- Enables you to capture 720p video footage both during the day and at night , with a 130° field of view
- Motion-activated design automatically records motion once detected, sending e-mail or app notifications
- Comes with 6 magnetic camera mounts and 9 mounting screws, for easy installation on a wall or flat surface
- Works with other Netgear products
Because it works seamlessly with other Netgear products, I knew that Netgears Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter (with Geek Squad included) would be the perfect companion. Mind you I’ve been using Netgear routers for quite a while (to the dismay of my Internet company who thinks that I should rent an all-in-one from them).
The AC1900 comes with one DST, or “Dead Spot Terminator,” adapter – to eliminate your Wi-Fi dead zones; place it in an area where you get little/no reception, to improve Wi-Fi access. Additional adapters can be purchased for other dead zones. The Nighthawk high-performance router was built to support 10+ connected devices!! It’s easy to prioritize devices for streaming video or music and even gaming with no lag or delay. The router includes a Wi-Fi extender and Geek Squad Set Up and Support either by accessing them online or by phone (with 1 full year of Geek Squad just in case I botch something technical up at the mansion). I’ve had to use them before and love that they’re available 24/7 by phone or web.
- 4-camera Netgear Arlow Smart Home available at Best Buy – $499.99
- Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter available at Best Buy – $299.99