I know, I know….who am I to write about changes in season when I’m down here in Florida enjoying the sunshine (HEAT)? It might have something to do with the fact that I travel so much and need to prepare for just about ANY weather. My upcoming schedule includes Chicago in October and NYC in January (OMG – I need to dig out my Uggs & mittens).
Thankfully, Mother Nature attempts to ease most of us in from one season to the next, offering up blustery days and temperatures that gradually decrease as the days go by. So, what are my MUST HAVE’S for this transition from skorts to long underwear?
1. Carmex – there’s NOTHING worse than chapped lips in the winter. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it LOOKS so gauche. Weather you’re a basic lip balm user (Carmex makes a DELICIOUS Vanilla flavored Ultra Moisturizing formula great for both MEN and women). Lime Twist (the kiddos will flip over this flavor), or you like the slim Moisture Plus ultra hydrating lip balm (with Vitamin E and Aloe, SPF15 and that sexy slanted tip), Carmex will keep your lips looking kissable in all sorts of weather.
2. Not quite sleeveless and too cool for a jacket? Fraas offers beautiful wraps that do double duty as a soft scarf or as a throw for over your shoulders as you walk to your favorite restaurant on a chilly NY evening. Available in black, blue grape, dark red, peacock, and magenta – at $66 it’s a MUST have for accessorizing and keeping those shoulders warm. BTW, I own a few of Fraas scarves and they’re a STAPLE of my wardrobe. I’ve found them online as well as in specialty stores.
3. Remember to stay moisturized! You know that my fave is Eucerin, but did you know that they make a Calming Cream daily moisturizer SPECIFICALLY for the itchy skin. I love the fact that it’s safe for kids and adults alike and contains OATMEAL (the same thing my mom used to use when we got itchy as kids).
3. Start a new HOBBY! Is there something that you’ve ALWAYS wanted to do, but never seemed to find the time? With more time indoors, it’s a GREAT time to GO FOR IT. After being in France last week, I’m determined to improve my French. I’m dusting off my old Rosetta Stone CD’s and plan on being able to hold a decent conversation when I return in the spring.
4. Stay in for dinner. Make it easy on yourself. Why not pop in a Freschetta Pizza and crack open a bottle of Flip-Flop Moscato? Moscato with pizza? Since I love the sweetness of Moscato with vegetable dishes, throw a Farmer’s Market Simply Inspired veggie pizza in the oven, take your well-chilled wine out of the fridge and kick back and relax. Set the mood with candles or a fire in the wood stove or fireplace. Mmmmmm…..
I received product to facilitate some of these placements, others I just plucked out of thin air. Of course all opinions are my own or they wouldn’t be here.