Did you happen to catch Fashion Star on NBC last night? I LOVE that show and am amazed at the incredibly talented designers (I keep my fingers crossed when I see an item that I want to buy – hoping it gets picked up by H&M so I can run out and grab it). Of course not only are the clothes FAB, but the models just look so elegant as they walk the catwalk each week.
Suave sent me some inside info on how to get the gorgeous looks that we saw.
To get Lauren’s deconstructed braided chignon, Suave Professionals® Celebrity Stylist Theodore Leaf suggests the following steps:
- Start by spraying Suave Professionals® Keratin Infusion™ Dry Shampoo at the roots.
- Next, create a loose braid at the nape, leaving about two inches at the end unbraided. Tip: make sure not to pull the hair too tight on the top as you braid, keeping it loose and undone.
- Once braid is complete, spray Suave Professionals® Dry Conditioner over the entire braid to condition and refresh hair. Wrap the braid into a low bun and secure with big bobby pins.
- Finish by pulling out a few hairs for a soft, undone look
Lauren’s sexy day-to-night look can be easily achieved by following Theodore’s recommended steps:
- Prep wet hair with NEW Suave Professionals® Keratin Infusion™ Smooth & Shine Serum to make hair smooth and glossy.
- Blowout the hair, section by section, with a metal round brush.
- Next, take a two inch curling iron and wrap the bottom sections of the hair to add some bend to the ends.
- Twist the hair into a bun and secure with a hair stick for your day look.
- For evening, remove the hair stick for a voluminous style with added bounce.