The buzz around town is that the newest member of the Princess Fleet, the Royal Princess will be the ship that outdoes all of the rest on the sea. As HUGE fans of Princess ships, it is no surprise as they traditionally have brought the best to passengers over the years. Arriving in June of 1013 (only 2 months away), this new generation of cruising will treat it’s 3600 passengers to the newest innovations on the ocean.
Mr. S insists that we cruise the Princess line, and until I forced him on another ship last year because we were treated to the cruise, he would not step onto the gangway of any other cruise line. With the new features on the Royal Princess, I have the feeling that I couldn’t change his mind if I tried, nor do I want to.
I’m excited that ALL of the outside staterooms are balconies, and while what used to be “outside” cabins now have a wonderful place to sit and enjoy the fresh air, they have added a “deluxe” balcony stateroom, as well as mini-suites, and suites with balconies that include two 42″ flat screen televisions, separate bathtub and shower, marble floors and countertops, access to the dedicated Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services.
One of the things we love about Princess is the ability to dine where and when you want. Yes, they still offer the traditional dining option as well, but since we never know where or what we’ll be doing we feel like we don’t have to keep a “schedule” just to make certain that we get back for dinner. Casual dining options will include:
- Horizon Court – expanded top-deck buffet
- The Pastry Shop – pastries, hot desserts, flambés and coffee bar
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria – serving hand-tossed Neapolitan-style pizza, hot out of the oven
- Ocean Terrace – fresh new seafood bar
- Gelateria – a refreshing scoop of rich, creamy Italian-style gelato
- International Cafe – fresh pastries, warm cookies and paninis just off the press
- Vines – wine, sushi and tapas bar
Of course there will still be specialty restaurants on board for those special meals.
- Mr. S is going to LOVE the new on demand programming on the stateroom TV’s. Just like at home, he loves curling up in bed & watching his favorite shows.
- Movies under the stars is getting an even BIGGER screen (30% larger)
- Bellini’s will be added to the lounge line-up – sounds Champagne Living spectacular (I do love a good Bellini), and Club 6 will have you donning your dancing shoes for a twirl on the dancefloor.
- Also new are the SeaWalk – Extending 28 feet beyond the edge of the ship, this unique glass-paneled walkway offers an incredible view of the ocean by day and lights up for romantic strolls by night, and a Water & Light Show – In the evening, the top deck pools transform into a dazzling interactive sound and light show accompanied by dancing fountains that shoot water up to 33 feet into the night sky.
A launch fit for a
The Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) will serve as Godmother at the official naming ceremony for the Royal Princess!!! The naming ceremony will take place in Southampton on June 13.
The ship’s maiden voyage will be on June 16 to the Grand Mediterranean.