In the past two weeks I’ve posted photos of my travels in St Maarten, Eleuthera, and Ratchaburi. I LOVE being able to look at the photos of my trips long after I’ve returned home, but while I’m away I ALMOST ALWAYS buy a little something to keep with me that reminds me of my travel memories. I usually look for something beyond the t-shirt or baseball cap (although I do have a running joke with Mr. S and would bring him caps…he now has over 50 of them stacked in the closet).
It’s important that it’s either something that will touch me in some way daily, or that I can wear and instantly be brought back to the memory of being there. The “souvenir” must be part of the experience.
I recently learned of Dune Jewelry, a company that makes jewelry from the sand of your favorite vacation spots. You can either mail them a container of sand that you pick up yourself, order a piece made from sand in their sandbank, or stop into a store that sells their jewelry in your favorite beach destination. The pieces in their collection are classic, casual and FUN. What a great way to remember your favorite beach escape!
The look is ethereal, and they offer everything from necklaces and earrings, to bracelets and rings, and even offer cuff-links for men. I love the option of the Port O’ Call necklace (great for cruisers), allowing you to have sand from three places you may have visited on a trip.
You can order pieces from their website as well. What a wonderful gift this would make for a newlywed couple or for someone who has recently celebrated an anniversary….to commemorate the beach where they spent their honeymoon. What about a sweet sixteen gift with sand from his/her favorite beach as a child? There are so many personal memories involving favorite beaches, and Dune Jewelry is a fun and unique way to keep those moments spent on the sand with your forever.
- Dune Jewelry the Original Beach Sand Jewelry Company® is very unique because their patented designs are custom made with beach sand!
- With Dune Jewelry you have a choice of thousands of sands worldwide, spanning all 7 continents.
- All of Dune Jewelry‘s items have a lifetime warranty, come with care instructions and literature that indicates the source of the sand.
- There is something for both men and women in the Dune Collection
- Visit www.dunejewelry.com for more information and to view Dune‘s collections.