The mansion’s a bit grimey looking lately. I suppose it’s the fact that the windows have been open and the dust seems to settle on my off-white tile floors. Being one who takes no pride in her cleaning skills (I have none), I’m always on the lookout for items that cut down on the work and do JUST what they claim. This list includes items that I’ve been sent for review from Rubbermaid, Purex /Soft Scrub, & P&G or that I received some form of sponsorship for, as well as those that I’ve discovered while trying to find the easy way out. If it’s included it’s because I REALLY use and like these products.
1. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop – What’s so exciting about a spray mop? I’ll tell you, when you can get a LOT more done and spend less it’s a plus in my book. The cleaning surface is at least DOUBLE the size of others that I’ve tried and it has a non-scratch scrubbing pad for those spots that have been there all season (don’t ask). With a refillable tank (just add water & 2 TBL of your favorite floor cleaner), this mop does the job in less time and for less money. Did I mention it doesn’t use batteries for the trigger? Yup – no pads, special formula or batteries to buy!
2. Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Cleaner + Polish – With a granite table, a glass cooktop and stainless steel around the kitchen it’s great to have ONE product that does it all. I was able to toss three products and replace it with the new Soft Scrub that was gentle enough not to scratch, yet got the job DONE.
3. Micro Fiber dusters – No more pushing the dust around with those feathers. I get headaches when I clean, so I’m assuming it’s because
I’m allergic to the dust. The microfiber cloths PICK UP the dust rather than push it around…PLUS, you can simply toss them into the washer when you’re done.
4. Purex Natural Elements Tropical Splash detergent – I said that I’m SPRING cleaning and there’s NOTHING like fresh sheets with this tropical scent to make me feel like I’m on a Caribbean Island vacation. Plus you KNOW that Purex does a great job of cleaning at lower price than most other laundry detergents. Did I mention that Mr. S has sensitive skin? YUP, and this hypoallergenic cleans without dyes.
5. Good old white vinegar – Wait, what’s that outside my window? I CAN”T TELL, because after a winter of not cleaning them, everything looks like a stalker in the shadows. Grab a bucket, some white vinegar + water and a squeegee. There’s NOTHING better than the OLD standard when it comes to sparkling and CLEAR glass.
6. Bounty Duratowels – Have you SEEN these in the store yet? These are great not only for cleaning, but they are SO STRONG that I’ve used them to wash my dishes. You don’t want to know what germs that your dishcloth holds (I’ll tell you more about this product soon). So far they’ve held up to my tough cleaning standards without shredding, and it’s great that I don’t have to worry about spreading the dirt elsewhere, since I just toss them when I’m done.
I received product &/or compensation from Rubbermaid, Purex /Soft Scrub, & P&G to facilitate this post. All opinions are strictly my own.
Leave a Reply