October is a bittersweet month here at the mansion. When we lived up in New England it was truly my favorite time of year. I love the change in weather from hot to brisk (even if it meant rainy days and wind to mess up my coiffure). It is also the month of Breast Cancer awareness and since I lost my mother to this disease when she was only 55 years old, it is a time of sadness and reflection.
I’d venture to say that a high percentage of us have known someone who has had to battle this horrible cancer. Hopefully, most of you know SURVIVORS.
During October, you can’t go shopping, turn on the television or radio or step out of YOUR mansion without being inundated with PINK. I think this is WONDERFUL. We need to have this reminder (even if it is just once a year). The companies who have joined into the fight against a disease that has taken our sisters, mothers and our friends is inspiring.
General Mills has stepped up to help fight this disease and has created a place for YOU to tell your stories, leave a comment of encouragement or send a virtual bouquet and will DONATE $1.00 EACH time that you do this (up to a total of $20,000) to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Simple visit Pink Together and read the inspiring stories of survivors and share YOUR story as well. You can also watch these short videos from the 2009 Pink Together Survivor Ambassadors talking about their journeys with breast cancer.
Please join me in the effort to raise awareness!
General Mills has also offered this Inspiring Hope gift basket that includes a sleeved travel mug, a running ribbon charm bracelet, a pink leather strap keychain, a pink cinch bag, and a set of inspirational note cards as a giveaway to one of Champagne Living’s readers. All of the gift basket items are from ShopKomen.com, where 25 percent of the merchandise purchase price benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure in the fight against breast cancer.
Thank you to General Mills and My Blog Spark for sending me one of these Inspiring Hope Gift Baskets as well as one to give away.
Visit Pink Together and leave a message, send a bouquet or tell your story.
- Vote for our “sister” site – The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline LOVE! this site contest
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Add us to your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on November 6, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck