Author: Eileen Goudge
It’s not often that a book engages me from the first paragraph. But, Once in a Blue Moon grabbed me and kept me from: “The first time Kerrie Ann disappeared was only the warning shot” until the end.
This was the first book that I’ve read by Eileen Goudge and I’ve since put her books on my “must read” list. The story of two sisters who couldn’t have grown up more differently, brings the readers to the point of tears.
“Once in a Blue Moon” tackles ALL of those tough subjects like child neglect, drugs, cheating spouses, adoption and more. One sister has grown up privileged, the other spent her life going from foster home to foster home, and we are privy to the trials and tribulations of their reconciliation.
Ms. Goudge has an uncanny way of drawing the reader in with her details and feel for what families (and sisters) really feel. The reader is pulled into the relationship of Lindsay and KerriAnn as if they were our own sisters. The fact that family prevails over any outside influence makes this one of those books that will leave you satisfied.
Thank you to the One2One Network for providing Once in a Blue Moon for this review as well as this giveaway.
- Become a fan of Eileen Gouge on Facebook
- Follow Eileen Gouge on Twitter
- Vote for our “sister” site – The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline LOVE! this site contest
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Add us to your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on November 4, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck