[bctt tweet=”Traditional Irish Coffee recipe with CrossCntryCafe & a Champagne Living twist”]
Today I’m putting the cork BACK into my champagne bottle and pulling out my K-Cups from Cross Country Cafe for some good old school Irish Coffee to celebrate the day. As I write this it’s 9:30 am on the East Coast of the states and 1:20 pm in Ireland. So, grab a glass or a mug, turn on your Keurig, grab your whiskey and enjoy.
- 1 – Green Mountain Fair Trade Colombian K-Cup (I use Colombian coffee because it’s a bit more balanced & works well with alcoholic beverages).
- 1 tbsp sugar (I prefer brown sugar, but you can use either brown or white)
- 1.5 oz Irish Whiskey – a jigger (or 3 tbsp)
- Dollop of my famous whipped cream or heavy cream
- Begin by filling the cup or mug out with hot water to preheat it & quickly pour it out
- Make a Medium cup serving from your Keurig of the Colombian coffee
- Add the sugar & stir until completely dissolved
- Blend in the Irish Whiskey
- Finish by either pouring the heavy cream over the back of a spoon or dollop the whipped cream on top.
- Champagne Living Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Combine the cream and sugar in a bowl & beat on medium speed until peaks form
- Slowly add the Bailey’s Irish Cream & set the mixer to low to mix in
- Dollop on top of your Irish Coffee & enjoy
Cross Country Cafe has a great selection of K-Cups, including the Green Mountain Fair Trade Colombian that I used in this recipe.