The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Mr S, Ben and movies
It’s their thing. It’s been their thing as long as I can remember. Then again, Ben went to Emerson College for film and screenwriting and while his career took him down another road he has remained a film critic. Weekend visits from him mean a movie marathon that ranges from The Thin Man to the newest releases available to stream.
Creating our at-home theater
This past year we upgraded to a 65″ 4K HDR television for viewing, and while it has given us more of a theater experience in an average sized viewing space, we were missing a key element of the theater experience.
Watching a movie or sports at home on a large screen is good, but by having an amazing sound system that movie or football game becomes GREAT. We knew that we wanted to enhance the audio on our system and did a bit of research. We were looking not for the standard sound bar, but since our entire home is Amazon Alexa connected, we knew that the sound bar we got would have to also integrate our smart home.
The Polk Command Sound Bar
We chose the Polk Command Sound Bar from Best Buy because it has Amazon Alexa Built-in. Plus, the integrated far-field microphones provide the ability to control it using your voice, appealing to the side of me who doesn’t want to wrestle with another remote control device. Thankfully the built-in dual HDMI 2.0 inputs enable this Polk Command Sound Bar with Amazon Alexa Built-in to produce excellent 4K HDR content.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa – Easily control, monitor and schedule your electronics using your voice.
- 260W total output power – Provides quality sound for your favorite movies, shows, games and music.
- Performance-tuned driver array, wireless subwoofer and Dolby/DTS surround sound decoding – Offer an immersive, room-filling home theater experience.
- Bluetooth music streaming – Makes it easy to enjoy tracks stored on a compatible Bluetooth-enabled device (not included).
- Sleek appearance – Fits seamlessly along most HDTVs for a streamlined look.
- Universal Compatibility – Included High-Speed HDMI and Optical cables ensure quick and easy setup and the low-profile 2″ design won’t block your TV’s screen.
- Fire TV Compatible – HDMI ports designed and spaced to fit Fire TV and other wide HDMI streaming devices. Built-in USB port also powers original and 4K versions of Fire TV (where Fire TV is available).