In case you don’t want to be left out on the upcoming KILT craze that’s going to sweep the nation starting June 22, here are some tips so you don’t stick out like a sore thumb when donning your kilt.
- Kilts are worn HIGHER in the waist than trousers or hipters are…so if you’re into MOM-JEANS, you’ll love the fit.
- You don’t want to guess when being “fitted” for a kilt. Like a good bra, it’s got to fit PERFECTLY, so have someone else measure you.
- Men instinctively pull their stomachs in when being measured. All I can say is, GET OVER YOURSELF. If you’re man enough to wear a
skirtkilt, you should be man enough to stick out your gut.
- Tartan is not an French dessert.
- It’s a fashion faux pas to use your grandmother’s brooch to pin your kilt.
If all of this is just too much for you, you can always watch OTHERS wearing kilts in Brave, opening in theaters on June 22nd.
I was a guest of Pixar this year on their press junket to San Francisco. I did not have to wear a kilt, but would have if they dared me. All opinions are strictly my own.
Megan @ Losing This Weight says
I’m going to leave the kilts to those that can pull it off. Not me!
Notorious Spinks says
LOL! No kilt for me!
LOL I think I better leave the Kilts to the men, they just aren’t for me.
No kilt for me either!
Caryn B says
This was one of my favorite activities…I loved learning even more about the kilt, particularly b/c we spent nearly a year in Edinburgh