What a great way to celebrate! Marriott’s Renaissance Hotel chain has designated a company wide Day of Discovery with events taking place at ALL of their 157 locations worldwide. The 3rd annual Global Day of Discovery takes place next Thursday, June 26th, with music and experiences for both guests and locals.
Here is just a TASTE of what is being planned…
- World famous DJ Cassidy will spin live to celebrate the opening of the newRenaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel located in the landmark Colorado National Bank Building.
- Passion Pit will help commemorate the opening of the new Renaissance Santiago Hotel with an exclusive DJ Set. The special opening event will also feature a photography exhibit and silent auction with proceeds benefitting the rebuilding of Valparaíso in light of the tragic fires that plagued the city earlier this year.
- Emerging indie rock band Walk the Moon will preview songs from their upcoming album with a live performance at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel.
- Norwegian Grammy winner Thomas Dybdahl will perform some of his hit songs, first at Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel in the hotel’s outdoor garden, followed by a performance at the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel in the chic Makassar Bar & Lounge.
- Join the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel to explore Port City, a local micro-brewery, followed by a water taxi ride to the Washington DC area’s newest attraction, the Capital Ferris Wheel.
- On the eve of Glastonbury and to kick start the British music festival season, the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London is providing guests the opportunity to discover this summer’s hottest new band, Hudson Taylor.
- Fashion enthusiasts in New York City will enjoy an Elie Tahari trunk show in celebration of the designer’s 40th anniversary in fashion on Renaissance Hotel 57’s rooftop terrace.
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel kicks off the “Hero Behind the Hits” series with a performance and discussion with award winning songwriter, Gordon Kennedy, who has penned hits for the likes of Eric Clapton, Carrie Underwood and Faith Hill.
- Depart the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel to discover the history of the Big Easy during a cocktail walking tour to experience some of the French Quarter’s most famous bars and restaurants, followed by a performance from local jazz artist Kristin Diable and The City at the Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel.
- Guests of Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa will visit the Walled City of Lucca, one of the world’s most magnificent and intact Renaissance-era city walls.
- The Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel will explore the hidden gems of Old Cairo by inviting guests to discover the charm of the Citadel, a medieval Islamic fort near the center of Cairo, famous for its grand views of the city.
- Curacao’s best local fashion designers and musicians will come together to showcase their talents at the Island Music and Fashion Festival at theRenaissance Curacao Resort & Casino.
- The Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa will feature Chicago based ArtistPatrick Skoff, best known for “The Art Hunt,” where selected works are hidden around the city for guests to discover via social media clues.
- The Renaissance Sao Palo Hotel will unveil never before seen work of famed local graffiti artist Conrado Zanotto set to live music in the hotel’s lobby lounge.
- Guests are invited to the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel’s premier Stargazing Event, a guided exploration of the cosmic ceiling with members of the Amateur Astronomers Association of Pittsburgh (AAAP) on the hotel’s rooftop.
- As soccer (or football) takes the summer stage, join the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel to participate in a mini competition during an outside BBQ with live music and live viewing of soccer games to compete for fabulous prizes.
- The Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel will provide insider access to the Shanghai Museum of Glass where guests can experience the magical, colorful, sparkling and crystal-clear world of glass featuring interactive and live demonstrations.
- Head to The Renaissance Tampa International Hotel to enjoy painting, brews and dancing, not to mention complementary massages all day long in the lobby.
For a FULL list of Day of Discovery Events visit: RenHotels.com/events