Get into my car…
That’s JUST what I did when Luis from STI showed up at my house with this…
2014 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring PRHT
I call her
>>>> The car I should have bought
I was in the market for a new car just a month or so ago. I wanted a 2-seater convertible. I wanted to be that old broad you shake your head at and say she’s trying to relive her youth. It was that or a Jeep. I bought the Jeep and didn’t drive the MX-5 until AFTER purchasing my car. That was FOOLISH.
I’ve got 2 years
I’ll be buying a new car in about 2 years. We rotate. We’ve got 3 cars and every 2 years we plan on swapping them between us & buying a new car. After driving around town with the top down in this sweet little sports car, I’m sold. I WANT ONE and I told Mr. S that this will be in the driveway permanently in 2 years.
Oh….you want to know about the car?
Here are my 8 FAVORITE things
1. It reminds me of the Italian sportscar that I used to LOVE. The styling is very traditional European.
2. With 2-tone leather seats and a leather shift knob, she’s elegant and has the look of a luxury car.
3. BOSE – Sports cars may not have all of the techno-gadgets that a large luxury car has, and when you’re driving like this you don’t need them. All I need are some GOOD driving tunes. With BOSE 7 speakers, this audio system ROCKS…even at high speed.
4. I’m an automatic driver. I know, you’re probably thinking WHY? I’m LAZY, especially after a night out. BUT, this 6-speed auto comes with manual shift mode, so if the mood strikes, I can toss it into manual and shift like the big boys.
5. A retractable convertible – simply unclick, push the button and watch it go down.
Driving down the road with the top down enjoying a beautiful day. It doesn’t get any better than this.
7. It holds the road like a sports car, hugs into the turns, and has the feel that I LOVE.
8. It’s just plain old FUN to drive. Why put up with boring when you can have THIS?
I felt the price was a bit steep at around $32,000 (the model that I drove)…then again. If you step up to an Italian model it looks like a bargain.
- Check out this and the NEWEST MX-5 models on: Mazda USA
- Go to your nearest Mazda Dealer for a test drive