Did you happen to see Lena Dunham (multiple award nominee for “Girls”) on the red carpet at the Emmy’s? I was NOT a fan of that blue dress, but I DID like her simple makeup. Well, celebrity makeup artist Jo Strettell, the talent behind Lena’s fresh face, shares her behind-the-scenes tips on how you can recreate her look at home
1. Start with a fresh canvas. Clean healthy skin allows makeup to go on evenly so natural beauty can shine through. Cleanse skin with Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes and follow with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer. Both products are perfect even for sensitive skin and have no dyes, artificial perfumes or harsh irritants that can upset skin.
2. Apply a thin layer of foundation to even out the skin tone. After moisturizing, foundation will spread easily and can be effortlessly blended using a foundation brush. Follow with a touch of translucent powder to set the makeup.
3. For an element of drama, build out a strong eye by lining the lash line with a gel liner and fine brush. Use the liner to trace the crease of the eyelid and connect it to the outer corner of the eye and then sweep upward to create a “wingtip” effect.
4. Fill in the lid with a jumbo waterproof black liner that will stay put all evening long. Blend outward to soften lines and follow by coating lashes with several applications of deep black mascara.
5. Complement the strong eye with a nude lip. Dab just a bit of concealer on the lips and follow with a touch of nude lip gloss in the center of the bottom lip for a polished look.
Watching the Emmy’s now!
Ty @ Mama of 3 Munchkins says
I can’t believe I missed it!
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell says
I haven’t lined my eyes in a long time, but you’re inspiring me!
Crystal @ Simply Being Mommy says
I love wearing a nude lipgloss.