I love making truffles. Maybe it’s because I love EATING them so much. These are a little different than my “usual” creations as they are reserved for each fall. Give yourself about 20 minutes to make them and a full 3 hours to chill (for the best consistency). Then ALL bets are off…once you bite into the first one, I dare you not to have a second. Now that’s some #FallFun31 !
CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN TRUFFLES
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup crushed graham crackers, plus extra for garnish
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 5 ounces dark chocolate
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave white chocolate chips for 30 seconds and stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Add melted white chocolate chips, pumpkin puree, crushed graham crackers, cream cheese and powdered sugar to food processor. Pulse until a dough forms. Chill dough for 3 hours, or until it is easy to roll into balls (dough will still be sticky).
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place onto prepared cookie sheet. Chill balls in freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave dark chocolate for 1 minute and stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Dip balls into melted dark chocolate using toothpicks or a fork. Return to cookie sheet and sprinkle tops with crushed graham crackers for garnish if desired.
- Let truffles harden on counter for 1 hour or in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes 18 truffles
For more pumpkin recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Guilt Free Easy Pumpkin Custard Recipe by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles by Champagne Living
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Chocolate Crescent Roll by Controlled Confusion
- Fall Flavored Popcorn by Life with Lisa
- Creme Brulee by Tools 2 Tiaras
Would your brand like to participate in #FallFun31? Fill out this form for more information.
Recipe sent courtesy of Dixie Crystals for #FallFun31 and created by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.