I’m thinking it was sometime in the early 1970’s.
I had to have it…that iconic Vidal Sassoon bob that EVERYONE was wearing. I had the perfect hair for it, dark brown and straight….or so I thought. It turns out that I had this ONE wave in the front that had to be tamed, and while I too got the Sassoon bob, keeping it took time and LOTS of great Sassoon products.
It’s been a LONG time since I first used them, and while the containers and products have changed over the years, they are still the quality hair essentials that I fell in love with when I was in my 20’s. I recently went back to my haircare “roots,” using the newest products by Vidal Sassoon, which brought back a FLOOD of memories….and some GOOD looking hair.
Over the years my hairstyles have changed, from bob to ponytail, straight to permed, and of course to the short pixie look that I now wear. No matter what the style, one thing never changed – I’ve ALWAYS needed help keeping my tresses looking their best.
I may have SHORT hair, but to get it to behave takes product.
- Spritz out some Vidal Sassoon’s Pro Series Mousse into my palm and work it through my hair.
- I use my fingers to twist some of the hairs in order to get a more chunky, textured look (otherwise it lays flat)
- Using a hairdryer I blow dry the front so that my bangs stick up (and blow my sideburns down flat)
- A little spray with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Spray (it stays ALL day, but is so light feeling) to keep the front in place and I’m ready for anything – day OR night
Getting it “right” was never so easy, even for someone like me who’s all thumbs when it comes to hair. PLUS, I hate to have to search specialty stores for products that I use every day. Thankfully I saw these at Wal-Mart just YESTERDAY, so they’re easy to find and affordable.
How to get the look with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series:
- VS PrecisionMix™ Color Crème Formula (SRP $8.99) – Delivers long-lasting, affordable color in the convenience of your home
- Color Protect Shampoo & Conditioner (SRP $2.49) – System with rich conditioning formula is designed to protect color-treated hair, leaving it with a glossy shine
- Color Protect Spray (SRP $3.99) –evenly coats colored hair with a lightweight conditioning complex to help protect from styling damage which can cause dull color
- Restoring Repair Shampoo & Conditioner (SRP $2.49) – System with rich formulas helps repair damaged hair by restoring hair’s smoothness and strengthening against further damage from combing and styling that leads to breakage and split ends
- Repair and Finish Spray (SRP $3.99) –the formula creates a conditioning shield to help protect your hair, repair smoothness for silky hair, protect damaged hair from breakage, and give a flexible hold to seal in style and tame flyaways
- Boost & Lift Shampoo & Conditioner (SRP $2.49) – Lightweight formulas leave hair with the boost it needs for a weightless look
- Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse (SRP $3.99) –the foam technology helps control unruly hair for a weightless, pumped-up feeling and provides up to 24 hours of strong, flexible hold and long-lasting volume that is easy to comb out
Have hair that’s a bit more COMPLICATED than mine?
Check out the Vidal Sassoon website for great “how-to” videos and more.
This post is sponsored by P&G as part of the P&G Blogger Brigade. All opinions are strictly my own.