I may like the Champagne Lifestyle, but if I’m saving money I’m REALLY LOVING it more. I shop at warehouse stores like BJ’s Warehouse, and other discount type stores…AS LONG AS I’M GETTING THE SAME QUALITY ITEMS. As a traveler, I do the same, never paying full price for my vacations. Here are a few tips from my friends at BJ’s to help YOU save on vacation (and have a little extra left over for those souvenirs).
- Check the Main Travel Sites | Checking sites like BookIt.com or Kayak to get a base line as to where to start your travel search. These main OTA’s often offer discounts themselves for using their preferred hotel or rental car chain.
- Check Wholesale Clubs like BJ’s | After you have a base line for prices using the main travel sites, you should go to a Club or dig around on their site and see if they have any packages that match where you want to go. Shop for your groceries – then book travel! Savings are up to 40% here and by booking a vacation through BJ’s, members can take advantage of exclusive savingsand get up to a $200 rebate. No matter the time of day, from vacation packages to cruises and car rentals, their travel experts provide true personalized service 24/7 to accommodate any budget, preference or schedule. Travelers perks you don’t find on the travel websites – such as room credits, room upgrades, free shuttles, etc. This is something you should price out when making a selection.
- Check with Your Employer | Many employers offer travel discounts to employees, especially large companies that have partner airlines or hotels. Inquire with you HR department, it never hurts to ask.
- Check With Your Credit Card | CC companies like American Express are widely known to offer travel discounts to their card members, several other credit card companies offer travel services and discounts as well.
- Call the Car Rental, Airline, or Hotel Directly | Try and negotiate with them over the phone. Mention that you were considering another hotel, because they were offering a specific rate, see if the clerk will match or beat it.
By booking a vacation through BJ’s, members can take advantage of exclusive savings and get up to a $200 rebate. No matter the time of day, from vacation packages to cruises and car rentals, BJ’s Travel experts provide true personalized service 24/7 to accommodate any budget, preference or schedule. The BJ’s Free 60 Day Trial Membership is perfect for booking your travel even if you’re not yet a member.
Check out these AWESOME locations you can visit
Delray Beach, Florida: This lively coastal town is home to galleries, trendy boutiques and delicious restaurants where there is never a shortage of things to do. Besides, the two miles of shoreline designated as a Blue Wave Beach by the Clean Beaches Council is an eco-friendly perk.
Ocean City, New Jersey: The 8 miles of beach provide endless possibilities with its famous boardwalk entertainment and amusement park adventures. Family Nights with free face-painting, live music and karaoke is not to be missed.
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina: Waterfront restaurants offer great vistas of the dunes and channels as surf aficionados catch the waves. Right in the middle, Johnnie Mercer’s Pier is famous for excellent fishing, and of course people watching.
Port Clinton, Ohio: On the North Coast of Lake Erie, Port Clinton is home to many hidden treasures. Search the nooks and crannies as you walk the sandy beaches or shop its historic downtown. A short ferryboat ride to Put-in-Bay will allow you to find sights to relish and activities to enjoy.
Cape Cod National Seashores, Massachusetts: This famous national treasure will open your eyes to picturesque whale-watching, walking trails and more. Enjoy the dunes and woods that stretch over 43,500 acres and 40 miles of Atlantic shoreline.
Pensacola Beach, Florida: This Florida Panhandle spot is known for its crystal white sand beaches. Located on Santa Rosa Island, this 40 mile barrier island on the Gulf Coast is a perfect spot to catch practices of the famed U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels.
Ocean City Beach, Maryland: This beach town is perfect for a family retreat or romantic holiday. With ten miles of beaches, the bright lights of Ocean City’s boardwalk parallel a quiet escape on the sandy beaches.