We all need a vacation once in a while. For something different and unique the Norwegian Encore offers an array of unusual experiences that no other cruise ship has ever done before. From adrenaline-pumping racing to Broadway shows, the Norwegian Encore cruise is one of the most unforgettable experiences at sea. For the foodie in all of us, the dining options are incredible. We can dine around the world on this cruise. Let’s look at all the unusual options we have onboard the Norwegian Encore.
The dining on the Norwegian Encore is incredible. We could spend our whole time just eating at all the dining options on this cruise. Let us look at all the venues the Encore has to offer.
First, the specialty restaurants on the Encore.
1. Onda by Scarpetta
- It’s an all-new establishment for the Norwegian cruise line.
- Serving modern Italian cuisine.
- Fun fact: onda means wave in Italian.
- One of their specialty pasta dishes is the Spaghetti Tomato and Basil
- There are seafood options as well.
- For those who love Japanese steakhouses
- Delicious hibachi food items
- A show with your food.
- A staple on Norwegian cruise lines
- American-style steakhouse
- Waterfront seating options
- Premium certified Angus beef
- Homemade jumbo crab cakes
- Their famous truffle fries
4. Food Republic
- It’s a culinary trip at this establishment.
- Korean fried chicken
- Japanese sushi
- Chinese noodles
- iPads at each table to place an order
- Wonderful ocean views while dining.
- Honestly one of the best dine around the world experiences on the Encore.
And then here is a list of the complimentary restaurants onboard the Encore.
5. The Local
- Open 24/7 with a pub atmosphere
- Classic Fish n’ Chips
- Chicken pot pie
- Dinner specials include prime rib
- They also have a two-story TV for those who love to watch their sports games.
6. The Haven
- An exquisite fine dining experience
- This restaurant is for guests staying in The Haven community.
- Guests of The Haven can have meals delivered from this restaurant to their rooms.
- Very unique signature dishes and a variety of wine offerings.
7. Garden Cafe
- Indoor restaurant
- International food choices
- Massive buffet
- Gigantic windows provide gorgeous views of the ocean.
8. The Manhattan Room
- One of the three main dining rooms on the Encore.
- Beautiful and spacious
- Live music sometimes in the evening.
- The menu changes every single day.
9. Another great place on board the Encore is Starbucks.
For those who love their specialty caffeinated beverages then Starbucks will be a main staple on board the Encore. Starbucks is located on deck six.
10. One of the best experiences at sea on the Norwegian Encore is the Broadway shows.
Kinky Boots, which won six Tony Awards, is the highlight of entertainment onboard Encore. The music and lyrics were created by Cyndi Lauper. The musical is about Charlie Price who goes into a partnership with a drag queen after inheriting a shoe factory. They end up producing high-heeled boots that become extremely popular.
11. Another popular show that no one would want to miss is The Choir of Man. A musical set in a pub with classic rock n’ roll hits and pub tunes. This show is top-rated onboard the Encore.
12. If you’re looking for a more adults-only place to hang out or relax then the Vibe beach club
It is the place to be when you want to avoid the crowds. This beach club is on the top deck. It’s a two-story private retreat for people 18 and older. While relaxing in a hot tub you’ll have amazing views of the ocean. The hot tubs also expand over the side of the ship. Here are other amenities that the Vibe beach club has to offer:
- misting water feature
- full-service bar
- chaise loungers
- chilled towels
- skewers of fruit
The passes to the Vibe beach club are available at the Guest Services desk onboard Encore.
13. The most unusual thing the Encore can offer its guests is the Go-Kart Speedway.
This is the longest and largest speedway at sea. The track is 1,100 feet long. The curves on the track hang 13 feet off the side of the Encore. A single pass costs $15 or an unlimited pass for the whole vacation on Encore costs $199.95. As a spectator, you can use a laser to boost the power of your favorite driver. This is an amazing experience onboard the Encore.
14. Other fun activities onboard the Encore include Laser Tag, Galaxy Pavilion
This is a virtual reality game room, aqua park, casino, kids’ area, and aqua park, spa and fitness room. But if you just want to sit and relax, the observation deck is the place to be.
15. If you prefer a more private community then staying in The Haven is a great place to stay.
It’s like a ship within a ship. Most of the people staying in this community are adults so multi-generational families can say on this ship. The grandparents and parents can stay in The Haven while families with small families can stay in other cabins on the Encore. The Haven offers penthouse suites and villas with large balconies. There is a 24-hour butler service. As well as a private lounge area. The Haven is hidden on the top of the deck with luxurious rooms. It has its concierge desk and private sundeck. This is the place to be for those who want a more high-end, private experience on the Norwegian Encore.
The Norwegian Encore has so many exciting and unusual things to do for a vacation at sea. From the delicious international cuisine to all the great activities and entertainment options. So Bon Voyage on the Encore!
Book YOUR Encore cruise TODAY at NCL.COM