With tuition costs in some colleges costing upwards of $35,000 a YEAR, for many in this cash strapped economy college is becoming a dream that may be difficult to attain. Even state colleges and university tuition costs have increased, while scholarships and student loan programs seem to be decreasing.
The obvious are the Military Academies including:
But, for those who prefer a more TRADITIONAL education. There are a few select colleges that are tuition free as well.
- Deep Springs College – Academics, labor, and self-governance are the programs of study at this all MALE liberal arts college.
- College of the Ozarks – a small liberal arts college with work-study as a requirement for free tuition.
- Webb Institute of Naval Architecture – High SAT scores and a strong background in engineering are needed to enter this college of naval architecture and marine engineering.
- Cooper Union – Art, architecture and engineering are the majors you can pursue at this prestigious FREE college.
- Curtis Institute of Music – This Philadelphia conservatory of music requires a strong music background and an audition to apply to it’s programs of study.
- Alice Lloyd College – a private liberal arts college offering four-year degrees to students in rural Appalachia
- Berea College – this Kentucky liberal arts college requires all of it’s students to participate in a work/study program
- City University of New York Teacher Academy – Do you want to be a math or science teacher in a public New York middle or high school?
- Harvard University announced that it will waive the parental contribution for students who’s families earn less than $60,000 per year
At Champagne Living, not only do we show you how to Live the Good Life, but now you can Learn for Less as well.