I’ve been eating yogurt for – MANY years. That’s how I start my day. A cup of coffee, a glass of OJ and a container of yogurt. If I’m still hungry (which I USUALLY am), I go back and have something heavier. For YEARS I bought yogurts without even considering the fact that ALL OF THE GOODNESS of eating yogurt had been removed.
I always wondered why the thick (almost lumpy) yogurts that I’d buy in those sweet little glass jars in Europe looked and tasted so different than what we get here in the States. I still have not found anything that rivals my favorite Bioferme (a Finnish yogurt that I’m able to get in France), but at least the American yogurt market is catching up by giving us some of the health benefits of probiotics. Until these past couple of years, what we’ve been told is yogurt, is little more than fruit flavored dairy – with none of the active cultures that are SO IMPORTANT for our digestive health..
I recently had the opportunity to try Yoplait’s newest probiotic yogurt – Yoplus. Yoplait has not only added probiotics, but they’ve included extra fiber, as well as the antioxidant vitamins A & E (plus the calcium and vitamin D that are naturally contained in dairy products).
I was sent a “better-for-you” gift pack (that included an on-the-go lunch container with utensils, an insulated lunch bag, and a pedometer) along with a coupon for a package of this new yogurt. I chose the strawberry flavor, which is my go-to flavor when I’m not sure if I’ll like something (since I LOVE strawberries). I was quite surprised by the thickness of the yogurt (not the usual American style thin product) as well as the flavor. It had a nice strawberry flavor to it and was not at all what I expected (in a good way). It still had that bit of creaminess that you find with most yogurts here, but that added thickness and tangy strawberry flavor made it more like a dessert (think pudding in a cup that’s good for you). My biggest complaint? The container is a 4 oz. size, fine for your kids – but, I was looking for seconds.
Yoplait Yoplus comes in six flavors
- Blackberry Pomegranate- This looks like a good combination!Blueberry Acai
As well as Yoplait Yoplus Light (70 calories a serving) in
- Strawberry Banana
- Key Lime
Head on over to the Yoplait Yoplus website for a $1.00 off coupon!
Thank you to Yoplait via My Blog Spark for providing me with a coupon to try this yogurt and gift pack as well as the same for a giveaway as well as information regarding this product. I was in no way compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly my own.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on April 2, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor for fulfillment.
* Good Luck