If you’ve been on the web lately, you’ll notice that the end of the year fangs are OUT. The competition to be the BEST at everything is taking its toll, especially as bloggers and influencers are making their plans for being the biggest and best thing since Al Gore created the internet. The pressure is real, and it can bring out the worst in people.
So, for 2018 I am resolving…to NOT be an influencer (not that I ever was…LOL). Here are my top 5 reasons why:
- I don’t believe my own sh!t. I don’t.
- I hardly ever take my own advice, and when I DO make sense, my follow through definitely sucks.
- I hate keeping up appearances. You see Champagne Living, and I see that I haven’t showered since yesterday morning. Be happy you’re reading this from home and not sitting next to me.
- It’s just too darn hard to crawl your way to the top. Have you seen HOW MANY PEOPLE are on social media these days? That’s a lot of social climbing to have to do.
- Doing it the easy way is just too expensive for me. I much prefer going out to dinner with my money, than spending it on fiverr (ok, that may only buy me a Happy Meal, but they’re called that because they make you happy).
My advice to you (ignore what I said about about not taking my own advice – I’m a liar), is to sit back and enjoy these days until 2018. Spend a few minutes making resolutions and then roll them up in a ball and throw them in the trash. You’re perfect the way you are, and frankly having to live up to someone else’s expectations is just too much work.