I have a son in college (as you probably know). But, I very clearly remember what high school was like for him. Between his studies, playing football, being on the track team, homework, senior thesis and trying to have A LIFE – it certainly wasn’t easy. That’s why Wendy’s wants to honor high school seniors who maintain a “B” average or better (3.0 GPA), give to their communities, and play a sanctioned sport.
Wendy’s is inviting seniors who meet the criteria to apply for the Wendy’s High School Heisman Program.
The Wendy’s High School Heisman program recognizes the nation’s most esteemed high school senior men and women for excellence in academics, athletics, and community/school leadership. This award highlights their accomplishments and the winning students are showcased on a national level.
Instituted in 1994 (and based on the college award of the same name), 188,000 students have applied for the program of which 30 have won this prestigious award. One boy and one girl will ultimately win this award in 2009. Students are judged based on their academic achievements, community service involvement, and athletic accomplishments.
Once you apply you will be able to download a printable certificate from the website. Wendy’s is also giving applicants gift cards in quantities ranging from $5 to $50 to the first 41,100 who sign up for consideration. If your son, daughter, friend or relative is interested – applications will be accepted through October 1, 2009.
For full prize and award descriptions, please refer to WendysHeisman.com. Winners of the Wendy’s High School Heisman program will each receive a $500 Wendy’s gift certificate (which translates into not having to eat at the college cafeteria every day) and $10,000 for their high school.
* Vote for us on Divine Caroline
* Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
* Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
* Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
* Twitter this giveaway
* Add our badge to your blog/site
* Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on October 2, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck
“I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Wendy’s and received a gift certificate to giveaway and to thank me for taking the time to participate.”