Falafel, Tabouli, Hummus – these were foods that my Mom just loved. But, as a child I would stick my nose in the air and declare it was American Cheese for me please! Of course I said this with having never even TASTED these Middle Eastern delights, but as a child you always figure….
That statement makes no sense to an adult, but as a child – the thought of putting a new flavor to my lips would be against everything that I stood for (I like what I like and THAT’S IT).
One of the great things about getting OLDER, is that you no longer have those pre-conceived notions about things that might be “new” to you. At about the age of 18, I discovered that I did INDEED love the foods that my mom had been trying and trying to get me to eat. Well, imagine that!!!
Mom was right and I was wrong.
Today, we think more about eating healthy food – but we want it to be TASTY as well. As a result more Americans are going Mediterranean. So, when Sabra contacted me about reviewing hummus – I said “Where does the line form?” If they had peeked into my fridge, they would have already seen a half-eaten container of their wonderful Olive Hummus.
Not only that, but over the years I have bought and gorged on their
- Classic Hummus
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Hummus with Roasted Pine Nuts
- Hummus with Roasted Red Peppers
- Hummus Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Hummus Caramelized Onion
- Hummus Chipotle
Why Sabra? Well, not only are their products delicious, they are also nutritious. Offering all of the taste and health benefits of foods found in the Mediterranean diet but without any trans fat or cholesterol.
Here’s the HEALTHY part of eating Hummus ~
* High soluble fiber content can reduce LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol)
* Higher in protein than ground beef-without any animal fats
* A good source of iron
* Low in carbohydrates contains no added sugar
* Dairy, trans-fat, and cholesterol free
What makes Sabra Go Mediterranean® hummus so delicious?
For me, it’s about TASTE. I have a good friend from Syria who lives in Rhode Island (she owns a tailor shop). She would make me homemade hummus (along with homemade Pita and Turkish Coffee) and we’d sit and talk as she sewed. Sabra Go Mediterranean has created a hummus as authentic as my friend’s homemade variety.
Using authentic ingredients, including:
* Fresh chickpeas (not pasteurized or from a can)
* Real Mediterranean sesame tahini
* Authentic, imported Mediterranean herbs and spices
I can sit here in Florida, eat my Sabra Hummus and think of the great times spent with my good friend.
I’d like to thank Sabra for providing me with some of their fabulous hummus for the review as well as this GREAT Party Pack for one of Champagne Living’s readers.
* Follow Sabra on twitter – @sabra
* Subscribe to the Sabra Newsletter
* Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
* Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
* Twitter this giveaway
* Add our badge to your blog/site
* Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on October 2, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck