Mr S and I have been married for almost 40 years
- The planning
- The parties
- The budgets
- The wedding registry
didn’t register for but now wish they had including a ranked list of what people wish they had registered for, as well as the percentage of people who did register for the item and are still glad about it. Many respondents did receive and insure such items, including fine china (14%), fine
silver (11%), fine crystal (10%) and valuable artwork (6%).
- an elephant ride
- a trip to Paris
- his and hers matching bathrobes.
- back scratcher
- dog seat covers
- that many casserole dishes
Personally, that’s my FAVORITE gift…both to give AND receive. But, it turns out that two-thirds of people (66%) think registering for money is fine, the other third (34%) think it’s tacky/in poor taste. Registering for money is least socially acceptable in the Northeast, where 41% of respondents think it’s in poor taste, while it’s most accepted in the South, where fewer than a third (30%) think it’s tacky. I don’t think that I’d REGISTER for money, but if asked…I’d tell my friends and family that I’d prefer it. We could have used it for getting settled into our home, our honeymoon, etc.
While you’re thinking about your wedding registry
- Check out the survey results at Erie Insurance