Just because it’s Champagne Living, doesn’t mean it has to be expensive. This is as true for travel as it is for beauty products. You just have to know a few tips and tricks here and there to maintain your gorgeous locks, keep your makeup long lasting or to prolong the scent of colognes even after your first use. These aren’t much of a secret for some people but every household passes on their trade beauty secrets from generation to generation. Find out these 10 beauty tips and keep in mind every detail like the back of your hand.
1. Store the best colognes you have in its original box and don’t lose the cap. When you use your cologne for the first time, it will then start to evaporate little by little so make sure the bottle is always covered. Keep the bottle away from direct sunlight as the heat “cooks” the scent, making it bitter smelling. You don’t want your Giorgio Armani fragrance to be smelling like a knock-off, would you?
2. Learn how to apply false lashes. Wearing false lashes can easily make your eyes pop. Some women are lucky to have natural long lashes but for women who keep on relying mascara to create those Betty Boop eyes, mascara alone isn’t enough. Use a tweezer to attach false lashes or your fingers if you want more control.
3. For smoother, shinier hair, use a conditioner after every shampoo and always remember to rinse it off with cold water. Cold water locks in cuticle and makes your tresses shinier.
4. There are two products you can use to remove makeup if you don’t have a makeup remover: baby oil and lotion. Use cotton when applying both products when you remove make up. You may not believe this but lotion can get rid of tough mascara.
5. Applying lipstick, especially matte is extremely difficult to perfect, especially when you have chapped lips. The best thing to do is to exfoliate using a soft bristled toothbrush and gently brush your lips. You’ll notice the flakes coming out. Wash with water and wipe with tissue.
6. Prolong your lipstick color by blotting your lips with tissue after lipstick application and then dabbing loose powder. Apply another coat of lipstick and repeat blotting and dabbing until such time you achieve the color you desire. This works best when you wear red lipstick.
7. Clipping your nails is best done after you take a bath because the nails are much softer by that time. Aside from that, applying lotion should also be done when the skin is still damp for a much easier application and skin absorption.
8. A foot spa treatment isn’t the only solution to treat your feet after a stressful day or when you get calluses. Use pumice stone to remove hard cracked skin and dead skin cells. After that, use a foot cream or lotion. With regular use, those cracks will disappear.
9. When drying your hair or skin after bath, pat dry with towel instead of rubbing the towel directly on your hair or skin. Rubbing your hair with towel will create frizz while rubbing your skin will lead to dryness.
10. When applying moisturizer or under eye cream, do not rub, massage or smear the cream no matter how gently you do it. Your fingertips will just absorb the cream that’s supposed to be applied on your face. What you do is to pat the cream gently.
Photo courtesy of: Eddy Van 3000