OK, I actually KNOW why I’m fat. I eat too much and move too little. I’m post menopausal and short. There is NO REVELATION about why I’m fat. I also know how to get thin. I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again. It’s a viscous cycle and it’s one that I share with LOTS of other women both here and in real life.
Jackie Warner agrees that “Being fat isn’t your fault” (a statement that I vehemently disagree with) and she goes on to say that “Staying fat is” (OK, so I agree with her on that one).
I’m sure that you’ll agree with me when I say that unless I see quick results, I get discouraged. If I’m stuck eating rabbit food, I’ll hop away (apologies to the Easter bunny). Ms. Warner says that This Is Why You’re Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More–and Keep the Weight Off is your FIRST and LAST stop on the way to the new fit and healthy you. I certainly hope that she’s right as I’ve started her program and I’d really like to be thin forever.
Interestingly, this book takes quite a different approach looking at the REAL reasons that we stay overweight (and they’re not necessarily what you think).
- No overcomplicated diets or routines
- Deprivation does not work
- Live with intensity
And follow ANY three of the random principles from the book, you’ll lose weight. Notice I said ANY THREE. What she has done is allowed us to pick and choose what works for dieters rather than force feed us (no pun intended).
If you’re one of those people who likes a step by step, day by day menu of what to eat and how to exercise – it’s in there. If you know that you’re better off doing it ;yourself along with some advice – it’s in there too.
FYI – Here are the principles that I’m following
- Fat is not the enemy: Fat doesn’t make you fat: sugar does! Nothing you eat should contain over 9 grams of sugar (I can do that).
- Cheating is allowed: Eat Clean for 5 days, and then indulge in whatever you want over the weekend! Again – as long as I have something to look forward to, I can stick with it.
- Less exercise is more: Workouts shouldn’t take over your day – give Jackie 20 minutes and you’ll see results. I can do that (or at least I can work up to that…LOL).
This Is Why You’re Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More–and Keep the Weight Off is available for pre-order at Amazon.com $16.49
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing this title for our book review as well as this giveaway. We were in no way paid or compensated for our opinions.
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on April 20, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor for fulfillment.
* Good Luck