The items in this post were sent to us by the brand. We do not charge them for consideration or placement as we prefer to retain the right to not place an item that we don’t truly love.
I tend to be a bit of a chameleon. I switch from tailored pants and striped shirts to Johnny Was embroidered t’s and jeans with ease, vacillating from one to the other with my mood. But, when it comes to my house there is a real boho vibe to it. Not the new, white, and natural boho look…I love rich colors and thick fabrics that remind me of the markets in Marrakech or my favorite Costes hotel room in the Marais.
I recently tackled my guest bedroom to make it an escape for those coming to visit (or my personal escape when I need some precious alone time). I started with a great base – my mom’s old tigerwood bed and chest of drawers and with the help of an online interior design service who walked me not only through a new rich color scheme but also helped me to figure out how to rearrange the furniture (and add a reading nook) that would be inviting.
6 tips on how to make your bedroom into a boho escape:
- Start with a neutral base. A neutral base will help to ground the room and make it feel more cohesive. Choose a light, airy color for the walls, such as white, cream, or beige – My walls were already a light gray and I added a natural flax beige for fabrics.
- Add pops of color with textiles. Boho style is all about color, so don’t be afraid to add some pops of color with your textiles. Choose a variety of patterns and textures to create a visually interesting space – I added a warm Olive Green.
- Incorporate natural elements. Bring the outdoors in, so incorporate natural elements into your décor. This could include things like plants, wood furniture, or stone accents.
- Use lots of layers. Boho style is all about layering, so don’t be afraid to pile on the pillows, throws, and blankets. This will create a cozy and inviting space.
- Add some eclectic pieces. If you love surrounding yourself with pieces you’ve picked up during your travels or at antique shops, don’t be afraid to mix and match different pieces from different cultures and eras. This will create a unique and personal space that reflects your own style.
- Don’t be afraid to accessorize. This style is all about accessorizing, so don’t be afraid to add some personal touches to your space. This could include things like candles, art, or photographs.
Here are some things you can add to create a boho bedroom:
- Bedspread: A colorful bedspread with a bohemian pattern or a natural flax duvet is a great way to add some personality.
- Pillows: Pile on the pillows in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures.
- Throws: A soft throw blanket is perfect for snuggling up on a cold night (I opted for the opposite, a soft blanket ON the bed and a duvet at the foot of the bed).
- Art: Boho style is all about eclecticism, so don’t be afraid to mix and match different pieces of art from different cultures and eras.
- Plants: Plants are a great way to bring the outdoors in and add some life to your bedroom.
- Mirrors: Mirrors can help to make a small bedroom feel larger and brighter.
- Lighting: Boho style is all about creating a warm and inviting atmosphere, so use soft, diffused lighting.
But, with ALL of that, my guestroom just didn’t feel inviting. There was just ONE thing missing….
But, there was ONE ITEM that pulled it together and gave the room the look that I wanted
A beautiful rug from Boutique Rugs.
It’s not just that they have around 10K + rug designs with great quality at affordable prices. It’s not that they make sure to have the lowest price & price match guarantee and offer a generous rewards program. It’s that they have quality rugs and home accents that you will absolutely FALL IN LOVE WITH no matter WHAT your style.
As I looked over the Boutique Rugs site, the Cyndi Area Rug caught my eye. With a neutral background and the soft yet exotic colors of Lambswool, Dark Grey, Copper, Rust, and Gray it brought the room together and gave warmth to the cold laminate flooring, giving the room a more cohesive look and because the site offers deeply discounted prices (the Cyndi is listed at 60% off) with free shipping and free returns for 60 days, I felt good about ordering online.
As you can see, I now have the boho room that I dreamed of and now that I have the perfect rug, I am shopping for a duvet and bedding to coordinate (I’ve learned to purchase the larger items first and find the accents that work well with them).
Not sure what you want?
Summer is a great time to redecorate
- For more about Boutique Rugs visit Boutique Rugs Online
- Use code: CHAMPAGNELIVING for an extra 10% off!!!