We have a new baby in the family. I am FINALLY a great-something. I’m a great AUNT (OK, all of my nieces and nephews have to call and personally tell me how GREAT I really am), so I was very excited when Mom Select sent me this ReliOn Temple Touch Thermometer to review and giveaway here on Champagne Living.
I remember the “olden days” – when taking a babies temperature meant Vaseline and a Rectal Thermometer and LOTS of screaming from the other end. By the time my son was a bit older, they had come out with those stick-on types that were easy to use, expensive because you had to toss them when you were done using them and NOT so reliable.
The fact that ReliOn has come out with a totally non-invasive thermometer for at home use is one less thing for new moms or ANYONE who needs to have their temperature taken so much easier. Hubby returned home from the hospital on Friday and he had run a fever the entire time he was there, so I had to keep track of it once he was home. HE’S the BIGGEST BABY of them all and getting him to stick a thermometer in his mouth and KEEP IT SHUT (LOL) is an issue – even at 57 years old. Plus, my niece tells me that this is the type of thermometer that her pediatrician uses with Evan (my new nephew).
It works so much faster than a traditional under the tongue type. Using R.A.T.E. Technology that measures the heat radiating from the body and produces a clinically accurate measurement of the core body temperature, I found that the reading was TOTALLY accurate. Plus, unlike traditional thermometers were you have to wait for the reading, the ReliOn Temple Touch Thermometer takes a mere 6 seconds to record your body temperature.
You’d think that a high-tech thermometer like this would cost lots of $$$. NOPE. It’s under $10 and you can purchase it at Wal-Mart or Sam’s Club (making it easily affordable AND accessible to just about everyone).
- Non-Invasive – simply touch to the person’s temple
- Accurate 6-second readout
- Can use EVEN while asleep
- Memory Recall – so that you can COMPARE to the last temperature taken
- No tip covers needed
- One year limited warranty
To use all you have to do is:
- Press on/off button once and release
- Unit will beep twice when ready
- Hold to temple, wait for next beep
- Read results
It even comes pre-packed with two 1.5 DC AAA batteries as well as instructions.
Thanks to Mom Select we’ll be giving away ONE Temple Touch Thermometer to a lucky reader.
* Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
* Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
* Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
* Twitter this giveaway
* Add our badge to your blog/site
* Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on September 23, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck