As the temperature gets hotter here in South Florida, my skin seems to crave more moisture and NEED even MORE protection than usual. Over the years the sun has done some pretty major damage to my skin. I’m left with sun spots (OK, so they’re age spots), and a mottled complexion. I truly with I knew then what I do now.
I’ll be heading to the dermatologist soon, for my skin cancer check up, and of course I’m so much more cautious when I’m out in the sun than I used to be…not just at the beach or by the pool, but EVERY time I leave the house. I make certain to cover myself well with Eucerin’s Everyday Protection Body Lotion SPF 15 (if I’m going to be SITTING in the sun, I’ll use a higher SPF) and Eucerin’s Everyday Protection Face SPF 30. I happen to like these because they’ve been created for those with sensitive skin and they’re lightweight.
Here are some tips to remember when selecting a sunscreen that is right for you:
- Look for “broad-spectrum” sunscreens that protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before heading outside and reapply every 2 hours if you are swimming, sweating or toweling off.
- SPF’s over 50 don’t provide much more protection. When used properly, SPF 50 screens 98% of UVB and the increased of sunscreens with SPF 90 or 100 becomes minor.
- Dermatologists recommend wearing a daily moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30. You are exposed to the sun’s UV rays every day, the moment you step outside.
When was the last time YOU went to a dermatologist to be checked? If you’d like to find a doctor in your area, Eucerin has a wonderful application on their facebook page called Find a Derm where you can plug in your zip code and find a dermatologist nearby.
With summer already here (full blast in South Florida), how are YOU protecting your skin?
I received product to facilitate this review, all opinions are strictly my own.
Go to the Eucerin Facebook Page, take the Skin First Pledge and share a summer skin care fact that you learned from reading this post and come back and enter to win Everyday Protection Face SPF 30 and Body SPF 15 Lotions, a Target Gift Card, Facial Spritz and a cute Sun Hat.
- Twitter this giveaway by clicking HERE (1 entry per click – unlimited entries)
- Follow Champagne Living- on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Join me on Facebook
- Follow Broad “Z” on twitter.
- Grab our badge from the sidebar and add it to your site.
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on June 28, 2011
* Good Luck