It’s almost two month’s in to the New Year’s Resolution thing and I don’t know about you, but I’m struggling to keep on any semblance of a weight loss program. The recent travel to Austin and Disney have been fun, but the weight that I had planned to lose is still there.
One of the easiest ways that I’ve found to keep me from bingeing like crazy is to have a low calorie, low fat lunch (since it’s my least favorite meal of the day). Since I can handle opening a can of soup and heating it up without Cook’s help, this is one of my favorite (easy) lunches.
Progresso has a line of soups ALL under 100 calories a serving as well as a line of LIGHT SOUP. For me, this is a great way to fill up mid-day with less calories than a sandwich and lots of great flavor. Plus, it being winter (yes, even here in sunny Florida it’s been cold), it’s a great way to warm up from the inside out.
With surprisingly hearty ingredients like pasta, beans, corn and rice, and vegetables like tomatoes, carrots, and peppers, Progresso Light and 100 Calorie Soups offer varieties with a good source of fiber and a full serving of vegetables. Satisfying your taste buds, Progresso Light and 100 Calories Soups can help curb your hunger, making it easier for you to stick to your weight management plan. If you’re on Weight Watchers – Progresso’s Light Soups are only 0 or 1 point per serving.
Of course some of them I LOVE, and others aren’t really to my liking, but the nice thing is that Progresso has such a LARGE variety of flavors, that it’s easy to pick soups that you’ll enjoy. There are 40 (yes, I said FORTY) soups all under 100 calories a serving. I prefer soups with a LOT of flavor, like their Zesty Santa Fe Style Chicken as well as the classics like Chicken Noodle (I’m not a big fan of things like French Onion Soup, unless it’s covered in melted cheese and has French Bread floating in it – no dieting there).
In order to celebrate these great soups, Progresso is giving YOU the chance for a NEW you. From now until March 15th you can enter the “Souper You Debut” contest to win a FULL MAKEOVER in New York City!
There will be a total of three grand prize winners – each receiving a trip for two to New York City from May 21st-23rd. The prize includes roundtrip airfare, a two-night stay in a NYC hotel, a full makeover, a $1,000 wardrobe shopping spree and personal consultation at a New York department store.
Here’s what you have to do to enter:
- Go to Progresso.com/SouperYou to learn more and enter the contest
- Submit your essay (200 characters or less) telling Progresso why you love Progresso Light or 100 Calorie Soups and why you would like a makeover
- You’ll also need to submit a photo of yourself that visually reinforces the theme of your essay
The winner will have the chance for your photo and/or an excerpt from your essay to appear on www.Progresso.com/SouperYou, so be sure to check back frequently!
Once the 10 finalists are announced, you can visit www.Progresso.com/SouperYou from March 29 through April 12 to vote for your favorite.
If you’d like to get started RIGHT away, Progresso is offering a $1.00 off coupon for any 3 varieties on the SouperYou website.
They started me back on my weight loss program by providing me with cans of their delicious soups in, as well as a big mug to enjoy them in and a jump rope to keep me moving.
Thank you to Progresso and MyBlogSpark for providing me with the items above for this review and giveaway. I was in no way compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly my own.
In order for Extra Entries to be valid, you must first enter via the above form!
- Join the Champagne Living Community – NEW!
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on March 2, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck