And the Oscar goes to…..
I find myself holding my breath just a little bit every time I hear those words being read on Oscar Night.
Oh and how can I forget the Red Carpet? I wait with anticipation to see which celebs will be wearing some of my FAVORITE designers. Yes, Oscar night is VERY special around the mansion.
This year TCM is hosting the 31 Days of Oscar, so I don’t have to wait for that ONE night to see the stars. Each day beginning February 1st (sorry guys, I’m a little late in posting because of my crazy travel schedule lately), TCM will be featuring 360 (yes….three hundred sixty) flicks that have been nominated for an Academy Award (including winners) going all the way back to 1928! You can check the widget on the side to see the schedule for each day’s movies. The cool thing is that they’re linking from movie to movie, one star at a time
Tonight – Monday, February 15th
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958) – with Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman
Wednesday, February 17th
Saturday, February 20th
10:30 a.m. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966) – with Richard Burton and Sandy Dennis
Tuesday, February 23rd
11:15 p.m. Gigi (1958) – with Maurice Chevalier and Leslie Caron (My ALL TIME fave)
1:15 a.m. An American in Paris (1951) – with Leslie Caron and Oscar Levant
To make things a little more interactive (and fun), Robert Osborne (official biographer of the Academy Awards and the Academy’s red carpet greeter), will be twittering throughout the festival. Make sure to add him and join in the fun at http://twitter.com/tcm.
To kick things off, TCM is going to be sending one of our readers a special TCM Oscar Party pack – complete with popcorn, candy, a martini shaker, coasters and more!
Don’t forget to check the widget or your TV Guide DAILY for the schedule and of course make sure that you catch the Academy Awards live on Sunday, March 7, 2010, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center® and televised live by the ABC Television Network
Thank you to YouCast and TCM for providing me with a fun Oscar Party Pack as well as one for giveaway. I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are strictly my own.
In order for Extra Entries to be valid, you must first enter via the above form!
- Follow TCM on Twitter
- Join the Champagne Living Community – NEW!
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Check out “B’s” new blog and subscribe at I Pity the Blog
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on March 2, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck