It’s been eight days since I opened my very first Nustrisystem packaged meal. As always with weight loss programs, I approached it with caution as my track record these past few years has not been good. I knew that if I could make it over the hump of following the plan VERY conscientiously the first three or four days that I’d have better rate of success just sticking with it. For me the first few days are CRUCIAL.
While all has not been perfect (life rarely is), it’s gone a HECK of a lot better than I had anticipated. If you’ve been keeping up with Champagne Living you know that I was involved in the Ikea Capture the Catalog Challenge. Prior to the actual challenge they had a wonderful Swedish buffet set up for us with smoked salmon (one of my favorite foods), Swedish meatballs, canapés with caviar and….DESSERTS. While I knew that I was going to be faced with all of this (I had planned my eating during the day accordingly), what I had not planned on was having the Swedish Meatball Eating Challenge AFTER we had eaten. This was an opportunity to undo everything that I had accomplished earlier in the week.
Would you like to see EXACTLY what happened?
This is the same photo that I uploaded just over a week ago in my first post.
As you can see, I haven’t taken care of my pedicure…but I have lost EXACTLY 5 lbs. in eight days.
I understand that the first week you lose a lot of fluid (and believe me I’m drinking so much water I could be an aquarium), but seeing this on the scale this morning AFTER the DAMAGE that I did on Thursday night is motivation to keep going.
This is by far the EASIEST weight loss program that I’ve ever tried. Why?
- There’s no thinking or planning all of your meals are ready to go
- I can take food WITH me – on Thurs I stayed overnight at my brother’s house. I brought a Nutrisystem blueberry muffin with me. We stopped at Starbucks for coffee & enjoyed my blueberry muffin right along with them.
- You eat often – with food enough for 3 meals, a snack and a dessert you never really get hungry
- You add fresh fruits & vegetables – living in South Florida we have WONDERFUL locally grown peaches, nectarines, etc. I’ve been able to enjoy them, as well as salads, cooked veggies and more right along with my program
- Nutrisystem builds in options for dining out. With my lifestyle that was so important.
I’m ready to face week #2 and plan on increasing exercise on my Total Gym along with my eating plan.
Next week I’ll tell you about some of the wonderful tools that I’m using that Nutrisystem provides to help keep me on track.
Right now Nutrisystem is running an INCREDIBLE Super Summer Sale. You get $100 OFF EACH 28 day order! This is a GREAT time to join me in getting healthier, thinner and just looking your overall BEST by losing those pounds that have seemed to creep on.
For more details about the Nutrisystem program go to nutrisystem.com or call 888-853-4689
I am receiving 4 months of Nutrisystem foods to facilitate these reviews of the Nutrisystem program. All opinions, successes and bumps in the road are my own.
Way to go Zippy!! I’m so proud of you!
Thanks Sky. Right now I finally feel like I’m in the groove with this program. My concern is all of the travel that I have coming up, but I’ll figure that out as it gets closer.