I’m fairly new to the whole Smart Phone thing. While all of my friends both online and those that live near the mansion were rockin’ their iPhones and Blackberry’s, I was using an old Palm Treo. While I could get my e-mail on my phone, everything else was as slow as can be.
I couldn’t decide WHICH phone I wanted, so instead I dragged my heels.
Now, I have not one but TWO Smart Phones. I have the HTC Evo (which is an android based phone) and I have my Blackberry Torch. Talk about jumping in. I also have a very bad habit of dropping, forgetting, breaking and spilling things when it comes to technology in general, so I need PROTECTION! For anything like that I rely on “B” to tell me what the BEST items are (especially when it comes to technology). I knew that I needed a case to protect my new phone(s), but
- It was difficult to find one to fit the Evo
- “B” kept telling me that I needed to get an Otterbox
Well, as you can guess, I’m now the proud owner of a case for my Evo thanks to the people at Otterbox. Since I don’t WEAR my phone on my belt (how gauche), I have what they call the “Commuter Series”. The interesting thing about this protective cover for your phone is that…
The OtterBox comes in 3 pieces including
- An impact absorbing silicone protective (inside against the phone)
- Hi-impact polycarbonate (that has covers for the buttons & port – great if you’re a spiller like me)
- A self-adhesive screen protector (to keep my grubby fingers from ruining the phone).
Putting the my Otterbox on my phone was EASY (yes, even for me) as you can see
Simply smooth the protective film over the glass
Place the silicone inner layer over the phone (it simply stretches around the phone).
Snap the outer polycarbonate layer over everything…and VOILA!
It does make the phone a bit bulkier, but now I don’t have to worry so much about all of the dings, scratches, dust and bumps (hey, Otterbox – do you make a model for cars?). Considering the price of my phone (don’t ask), my Otterbox at under $35 is downright INEXPENSIVE considering what it’s protecting.
- Blackberry Curve 3G
- Blackberry Curve 8500
- Blackberry Pearl 9100
- Blackberry Bold 9700
What a GREAT way to show your support and give back (10% of your purchase goes directly to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade). PLUS – you get a PINK cinch bag as a bonus. These pink cases are
- Designed with style AND protection in mind
- Limited edition pink polycarbonate on white silicone
- Silicone inner layer dissipates impact away from your phone
- Smooth expterior polycarbonate later provides impact protection PLUS it allows the phone to slide in and out of your pocket or handbag easily
- All buttons are fully functional through the case
- Silicone plugs provide access to the audio jack and the USB port
Otterbox Cases can be purchased online and in stores all around the country.
I want to thank Otterbox for providing me with a case for my phone in order to do this review. My opinions are strictly my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link & hit send)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on November 9, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and their information will be sent directly to the sponsor