Being caught between the art of being a hostess and the need to make things easy, I’ve been torn. Each year I ask myself “Is is gauche to use disposable dinnerware?” My answer: YES. I very rarely compromise, as I’ve not found anything that’s worthy of entertaining, but how do I deal with the fact that I have china for 12 and 16 guests arriving?
Mosaik offers plastic dinnerware that you can proudly put out alongside your good china, or use in place of it. At under $10, Mozaik’s new Service for Eight kit allows you to still have the look of an elegant dinner party, while using plastic ware. The 40-piece “party in a box” adds 8 place settings (forks, knives and spoons, salad plates and dinner plates) and is perfect for every holiday gathering or party, from a small cocktail party to a large holiday buffet.
What I love most about Mozaik, is that it looks JUST like the real thing. When you’re finished, you have the option of tossing it in the trash or rewashing it and saving it for the NEXT party. It’s MUCH more affordable than going out and buying extra china and it comes in a variety of both traditional and contemporary patterns from round and square plates, to silver-look cutlery and serving items to mini appetizer ware, creating a nicer impression at any occasion.
Think that using disposable dinnerware can’t be stylish and sophisticated? Take a look at Mozaik expert Jennifer Lucas appeared on WEtv’s Designing Spaces and see how elegant dinner looks when you use Mozaik.
I found the dinnerware to be sturdy enough, but I think that I’d use my own silverware with the plates. The cutlery didn’t have the weight of the real thing, although it would be fine for your appetizers or desserts. I also had the opportunity to try some extra pieces like a serving bowl and 2 platters and I’m using those for EVERY DAY – I absolutely LOVE them. All in all, they’re a great way to make your table beautiful without breaking the bank.
I received Mosaik products via My Blog Spark for this review, however – all opinions are my own.
- Click HERE to tweet this giveaway – unlimited entries (just click on the link it will send the tweet to your twitter. Hit send and you’re all set.)
- Blog about this giveaway on YOUR blog!
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Link to this giveaway on your Facebook page – daily
- Follow me on twitter
- Add our badge to your blog/site
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe or have our badge – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on December 8, 2010 11:59 EST.
* Good Luck