I’m excited to introduce you to Clarky Davis, also known as The Debt Diva, is a debt management expert with more than 10 years of personal and professional experience. As The Debt Diva, Davis has appeared on ABC News Now, Fox Business, Fox and Friends, and Nightline and has partnered with the bargain retailer TJ Maxx.
She’s got some GREAT ideas for saving money and having MORE FUN this upcoming Memorial Day Weekend.
- Memorial Day Film Festival
- Gather friends for a weekend of classic (and current) war movies. Focus on those that have some entertainment value and aren’t totally depressing, like movies mentioned here: http://classicfilm.about.com/
od/epicswarmovies/Classic_ Movies_Historical_Epics_and_ Hollywood_at_War.htm
- Depending on your preferences you can go from Casablanca to Gone With the Wind to Tropic Thunder to Bridge on the River Kwai. You could also dig up some old TV series and miniseries via an $8.99/month Netflix membership (http://www.netflix.com/?mqso=
80025836), or at Red Box (http://www.redbox.com/) for only $.99/movie. My favorites include China Beach, and North and the South.
- Memorial Day movie in the theater: $45 for 4 people; $65 for 6 people
- Debt Diva’s Red Memorial Day Film Festival: $5-$9 total
- Red, White and Blue Cookout
- Use the color theme and give each guest a color – they have to bring some edible item in that hue.
- Red: Red meat, tomato salad, watermelon, cherry topped cheesecake (http://www.
perfectlyprovident.com/2009/ 07/tips-for-making-great- cheesecake_29.html)