Living the good life for those without health care is a difficult task. Mr. S and I are lucky enough that we’ve got health care coverage. Our son is graduating college and is so afraid of losing his student health insurance that it’s all that he talks about. But, what’s even worse are the millions of children around the United States who go WITHOUT seeing a doctor or much needed medication, because their familes have NO HEALTH CARE.
Our new administration has promised to do something about the situation, but we still need to speak out for the children, as they really have NO VOICE in the matter. Speak Now for Kids is a grassroots movements to ensure that children’s needs are included in health care reform. Congress needs to know that all of the citizen’s from the newborn through the elderly NEED proper health care.
- 8.8 million children in the U.S. do not have health insurance
- Insured children are more likely to receive preventative care, and therefore they get sick less often.
- Many adult chronic conditions have their origins in childhood.
- Even with insurance, children currently receive only 41% of preventative medical care.
What can you do?
Visit Speak Now for Kids:
- Learn about the campaign.
- Speak to Congress about the importance of children’s health care.
- Share the message through your own blog, Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail.
To learn more about the campaign and tweet with a representative from the National Association of Children’s Hospitals, join us this Wednesday, May 6th, from 9 to 10 p.m. eastern time on Twitter for a #SpeakNowforKids SiteWarming.
Leave a Reply