….but who knew way back then? I thought that I was smart marrying someone who owned my favorite restaurant. I figured, hey – I’ll never have to cook, can go out to dinner every night…well, you know the fantasy. Almost thirty years later, I’m thinking – a dermatologist or plastic surgeon might have come in handy (a shot of Botox here, some Restylane there) and I’m heavier from all of that good food that I ate (be careful what you wish for).
Thankfully, my friend Victoria turned me on to Dr. Lancer.
Dr. Lancer is a Beverly Hills dermatologist to the stars and no, I have never had the pleasure of meeting him in person (although I’d love to – even just to thank him). What I have been using are his skin care products.Who knew that a cleanser, facial polish and moisturizer (yes, just 3 steps) could do so much in such a short period of time?
Let me explain…
- My age – 56 (no secrets here)
- Skin Condition – dry, sun spots/damage, loss of elasticity, dark circles & puffiness under eyes, marrionette lines (no crow’s feet or wrinkles)
- Reason – years sitting on the beach slathered in baby oil (hey it was the 60’s – we didn’t know any better) – even used a (gasp) reflector on my face, tanning beds in the 80’s (when we thought THAT was safer than the real sun)
Lancer Dermatology Products that I’ve been using
- Cleanse – Extremely Pure Cleanser – a gentle, light-foaming cleaner enriched with natural exfoliating enzymes, moisture-rich hydrators and skin soothing agents ($50)
- Polish – Natural Sea Mineral Polish – resurfacing polish containing natural exfoliating minerals from the Dead Sea.($50)
- Repair – AM/PM Nourishing Treatment – potent anti-aging treatment super-charged with a mutli-peptide complex and essential age-defying ingredients. AM/PM Nourishing Treatment restores skin firmness and visibly diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles. ($100)
Time used –
- 2-3 weeks
- Skin seems BRIGHTER
- Firming around the jawline
- Face FEELS soft and less dry
Mind you, I’ve only been using the 3 BASIC products and only for a few weeks. Looking over the OTHER products available from Lancer Dermatology – I see a HOST of others that may address my more serious problems, like the Eye Lightening & Brightening Complex (my eyes are my BIGGEST complaint), and the Tri-Defense Q10 Serum (more toning, firming).
Still, I probably could use some Laser Fractionated Restoration (Fraxel) and maybe some IPL to get rid of the brown spots (at 56 I still have a large mask of pregnancy on my left cheek from 26 years ago). In the meantime, the Lancer Dermatology products have made more of a difference than ANY OTHER PRODUCT that I’ve ever used.
Considering the cost of Dr. Lancer’s products compared to having MAJOR work done. I’d rather spend more on products that actually WORK than throw away my money on $35 creams that I keep tossing out (and I’m just not ready to plunk down $15,000 on a facelift).
So, if you haven’t already guessed – I LOVE the Lancer Dermatology products that I’ve been using.
“Skin is the ULTIMATE accessory. If you have that natural healthy look, that’s what people notice.” – Dr. Harold Lancer.
Thank you to Lancer Dermatology and ID-PR for providing products for this review. I was in no way compensated and all opinions are strictly my own.
Leave a Reply