It’s that time of year!
The snowbird are arriving and the MAGIC city of Miami gets even MORE exciting (if you can imagine). While to some visitors, Villa at the Versace Mansion is the place to be, others (like me) would rather soak in the ESSENCE of the city. Here are some MUST visit spots to live like a local while you’re down here.
- La época – What do Mojitos, music and models have in common? Miami, no doubt, but we’re talking about La época, downtown Miami’s boutique department store! The first Tuesday of every month from 4:30-6:30 p.m., La época offers live music, complimentary Mojitos and the latest fashions for purchase.
- Mary Brickell Village Farmers Market – Every Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., shop for fresh baked goods, locally grown plants, handmade jewelry and beautiful arts and crafts at the Sunday Market in the popular and trendy Mary Brickell Village.
- Viernes Culturales (Cultural Fridays) – It doesn’t get more Miami than a little salsa dancing mixed with cigar rollers and an old-fashioned game of dominoes. Find all of these classic favorites and more at Viernes Culturales, which takes place the last Friday of every month in Little Havana on Calle Ocho (or 8th Street). While in the neighborhood, stop in to just about any coffee shop re-charge your batteries with a cortadito – which literally means “small cut”. It is a shot of strong espresso coffee topped with steamed milk, otherwise known as a Cuban espresso.
- Vizcaya Museum & Gardens – A favorite Miami landmark, this was once the home of agricultural industrialist James Deering. The estate features exquisite formal gardens, architecture and interior design, including a variety of modern engineering marvels for its day, such as an elevator.
To make it extra easy for travelers to get into Miami mode as the winter weather starts to arrive, why not stay at the beautiful EPIC hotel? EPIC is offering the Breakfast or Cocktails package with rates starting at $209 per night. For just $1 more than the best available rate at the time of booking, choose drinks or breakfast during your stay. The Breakfast or Cocktails package details are as follows:
- King or Double/Double Deluxe Accommodations
- Cocktails or Breakfast for up to 2 adults per room/per day
**Guest will receive cocktail or continental breakfast voucher valid at Area 31 for each night of stay at check-in.
- Complimentary coffee and tea in the morning
- Hosted nightly wine hour in the living room
For more details and deals:
- To stay up-to-date on the latest news and travel deals, become a fan of the EPIC Hotel Facebook
- follow them on Twitter and Instagram @KimptonInFL.