Before my DOMESTIC ASSISTANT went on vacation, she left me a VERY detailed instruction list. You notice that I said “domestic assistant” instead of housekeeper? Yes, once again she got all up in arms about her TITLE, BUT I put my well manicured foot down when she asked for a raise (it’s a title change – NOT a promotion).
One of the things on her list was…
- Take Off Your Tiara: You don’t want it falling into the dishwasher
- Don’t Wash by Hand: It is more expensive to wash dishes by hand than to properly run them in a dishwasher.
- Run Tap Water First: For sparkling clean dishes, run the hot water tap before starting the dishwasher to make sure the water entering the machine has reached its highest temperature.
- Scrape, Don’t Rinse: Scrape the dishes, because the enzymes in your detergent that soften burnt-on food need to cling to protein/starch, such as egg and oatmeal, in order to work properly
- Load Properly: Cups, glasses and less soiled items should be placed on the top rack. Generally, larger and dirtier items are best on the bottom rack.
- Select the Right Detergent: Use FINISH Quantum – because it’s premeasured, wrapper free AND it’s got a Powerball with Jet-Dry Gel for an amazing shine, Powermax Bleach to remove stains like tea and coffee and Powerful Enzymes to soften burnt-on food like lasana.
- Avoid Wet Dishes: Use JET-DRY TURBO DRY so that the dishes come out dry.
- Put Your Tiara Back On
I did EVERYTHING she said and my dishes came out sparkling like DIAMONDS with no ugly spots on them (and honey, I KNOW diamonds). Hmmm…..maybe I don’t NEED a Domestic Assistant after all….. LOL (more like a giggle) – of course I do.
Finish Quantum is giving away a prize to 2 LUCKY Champagne Living Readers…
- Get One Entry: Leave your name, e-mail and the ONE food that’s toughest to get off of dishes.
Add my button to your blog sidebar OR copy and paste this sentence into ANY existing blog post.
Leave a separate comment for each thing you do to get extra entries.
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on April 30, 2009. The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email. Please make sure you check your junk mail folder