My first review in the Frumpy to Fabulous series is for the book Zumba®: Ditch the Workout, Join the Party! I’ve noticed that they offer Zumba classes at the clubhouse in our community. Being in the over-the-hill set, I assumed that Zumba is for the already fit. Boy was I wrong.
I did the unthinkable when it comes to a book. I immediately went to the VERY END. WHY? Because there was a disc on the last page of the book that demonstrates the basic Zumba moves.
Disc in, shorts on, sneakers on….and START.
WAIT, I thought Zumba was a complicated WORKOUT program. It’s DANCING. LATIN dancing (one of my favorites). Hey, this old lady already knows how to Salsa and Merengue. This is going to be a piece of cake.
Back to the book (since the DVD is merely a demo of the basic moves). It does a fabulous job of showing and explaining the various moves as well as some fun Zumba routines set to music that you can easily download to your mp3 player. Not ONCE did I feel like I was doing a boring exercise routine. Instead I was on the dance floor partying (and that’s the WHOLE point of Zumba).
Not only does the book teach the basic moves and routines for a FUN exercise program, but half of the book is also dedicated to a diet that’s JUST as exciting as my new dance moves (er…exercise moves). There’s even a 5-day EXPRESS diet to really JUMPSTART the program (and lose up to 9lbs in 5 days). The diet itself is well laid out with 14 day programs to spot diet (flat abs, thin thighs and the basic diet program). It’s healthy and something that you can EASILY follow.
I have one particular concern. I have a joint disorder that precludes me from doing many of the standard exercise programs. Since Zumba is high energy I PERSONALLY would have to do an easier version of it. The good thing is that it’s VERY doable.
For those who love the latin beats and LOVE to dance, this book will be a FUN addition to your Frumpy to Fabulous program.
Zumba®: Ditch the Workout, Join the Party! The Zumba Weight Loss Program can be ordered at Amazon.com or purchased at your local bookstore.
Thank you to the Hachette Book Group for providing our review copy as well as copies to give away.
- Vote for our “sister” site – The Review Broads in the Divine Caroline LOVE! this site contest
- Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
- Add us to your Facebook page
- Twitter this giveaway
- Add our badge to your blog/site
- Blog about this giveaway
- Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on October 17, 2009 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck