Over the years my family has attempted to go organic. It has by no means been an easy (or inexpensive) task. It’s funny, but when my son was a baby/toddler we lived across the street from my mom and dad. My mom was quite ill at the time and she followed a macrobiotic diet, so my son not only ate organically, but he was macrobiotic as well.
Over the years we’ve slid into and out of an organic lifestyle. As the chief shopper of the family, it wasn’t easy trying to manage a budget, find stores that offer healthier options and read labels that sometimes look like the a graduate biology textbook.
Whether we were adhering to an organic diet or not, one of the items that I’ve ALWAYS purchased was Horizon Organic Milk. I remember Ben screaming when he was about four years old, that he had to have his milk with “the cow jumping over the world.” When the dangers of added growth hormones made it’s way to the front page of every newspaper, we committed to only using Horizon.
For other products, such as fruits and veggies – I prefer buying locally. So, I’d go to the farm stand or greenmarket on the weekends to shop. I used to have a farmer that I’d buy fresh eggs from, but he no longer comes to the market. I was chatting with a representative from Horizon via e-mail and she told me that Horizon now offers eggs. She sent me a coupon to try them and I have to say, they’re as close to the flavor of farm fresh eggs as I’ve tasted from a store. Impressed? YES! Of course, I should have figured that they’d be good, as we’ve always found that Horizon Organics products are the highest quality.
So, what makes an organic product different from your regular supermarket product?
- No antibiotics
- No added growth hormones
- No dangerous pesticides
- No genetically modified organisms
- No artificial flavors, synthetic colors or preservatives
- No hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils
In my book it’s a “No” brainer – not only will we be eating healthier, but we’ll be eating eggs that are TASTIER.
If you’d like to try Horizon Organic Eggs – Horizon Organics has sent me an extra coupon for a FREE dozen eggs to give away to one of Champagne Living’s readers.
- Simply tell me what you are doing to help your family be healthier. and please leave your name and e-mail address in the comments below.
- Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE by Email or RSS. Follow me on Twitter
- Add my button to your blog sidebar. Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe/twitter – please note that in the comments as well).
* Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 and over and ends on July 5, 2009.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck
If you enjoyed this post get Free Updates.