I received a bottle of Partida Blanco Tequila for this post. All opinions are strictly my own.
It’s September and I’m already over the whole pumpkin spice latte thing
It’s true, that while I love me some pumpkin pie and you can pumpkin spice my donuts and cheesecake and I’ll binge with a huge smile, lattes…not so much. Most of you know that I’m actually retired from the coffee (and restaurant) business and if it’s got flavor added, I won’t drink it. Bake with it – OH YEAH. Drink it? Not so much.
That is with one exception – COCKTAILS
With a bottle of Partida Tequila Blanco in my bar, I eyed the crystal clear liquid in a beautiful bottle with an idea. Could I? Would I? You bet I would. That well-balanced taste that Partida’s Blanco has would make a perfect margarita.
After rummaging through the cupboard
I found what I hoped would be the makings of a great Pumpkin Spice Margarita. I grabbed the Partida Tequila off the bar and went to work like a mad scientist. Of course, I had to have a few sips of the Blanco as I was working, and I’d forgotten how bright and crisp this tequila is. I just knew that the agave flavor of this tequila wouldn’t get lost against the heavier pumpkin.
Pumpkin Spice Pardita-Rita-Blanco
- 2 oz Partida Tequila Blanco
- 1½ TBL Pumpkin Puree
- ½ oz Lemon Juice
- ½ oz Lime Juice
- Splash Triple Sec (or Cointreau)
- 1 oz Flavored Simple Syrup
- pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- OPTIONAL: Cinnamon & Sugar to rim glass
- Place ice into a martini shaker.
- Wet and then rim glass with cinnamon/sugar if you like (I don’t use a rimmed glass)
- Add the Partida Tequila Blanco, triple sec, lemon & lime juice, pumpkin and simple syrup in a shaker. Toss in a dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Strain and pour into a margarita glass
For more about Partida Tequila Blanco visit them online HERE or pick one up at your liquor store.