One of the smartest things that you can do when you cruise is to book your shore excursions independent or the cruise line. You’ll usually find that the prices are dramatically less, and you’ll have more options.
If you don’t know where to start, Viator has recently added Cruise Port Pages to their already HUGE list of unbeatable deals on tours and things to do when you’re on vacation. As a frequent traveler, I find it can be a bit overwhelming trying to sort through the various itineraries that are available.
I’ll be in the Bahamas on December 2 – 5 and am looking at the list of options for spending a day in Nassau. The ship that I’m on only lists one or two things to do, so I’m happy to be able to make a smarter decision by using Viator.
Worried that something will go wrong if you book with Viator vs. with the cruise lines? All Viator operators maintain the same licensing and insurance coverage required by the cruise lines
Here’s a small sampling of what’s available
- 90-Minute Fjords National Monument Seaplane Tour
- Chilkoot Hike and Float Tour
- Rose Island Day Cruise from Nassau
St. Thomas —
- Hassel Island Kayak, Hike and Snorkel Tour
- Private Tour: Luxor West Bank, Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple
- Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples
- Istanbul Shore Excursion: Bosphorus Cruise and Istanbul Egyptian Bazaar
- Istanbul Shore Excursion: Istanbul in One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Civitavecchia Shore Excursion: Rome in One Day Private Tour
- Naples Shore Excursion Private Tour: Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Ravello Day Trip from Naples
- Cozumel ATV Jungle and Snorkel Combo
- Los Cabos Horseback Riding Adventure
For more inspiration as well as the latest news on special promotions, deals, contests and suggestions, cruise passengers and all travelers can visit the Viator Travel Blog as well as Twitter and Facebook.
Marilee Karow says
I mean, I know it was my option to read, however I really thought youd have something interesting to say.