Lately each time I look in the fruit bowl I notice that my bananas are starting to turn a bit, which is PERFECT for baking this absolutely delicious Banana Pudding Cheesecake. It’s a tad unexpected and a whole lot of decadence.
Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 17 vanilla wafers
- 2 large ripe bananas, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed vanilla wafers
Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, vanilla wafers, sliced bananas tossed in lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Press mixture onto bottom of a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan. Stand 17 vanilla wafers around edge of pan (rounded sides against pan), pressing gently into crust to secure. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
2. Combine bananas and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or just until sugar has dissolved.
3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gently stir banana mixture into cream cheese mixture. Pour batter into prepared crust.
4. Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Sprinkle top of cheesecake with coarsely crushed wafers. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 8 hours.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
Total time: 11 Hours, 10 Minutes
This recipe comes via my association with Southern Living magazine
Crystal @ Simply Being Mommy says
Um, yes please. I’ll take a slice…or two.
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell says
OH my word! That looks just delicious!
Oh that sounds so yummy!
Tricia Nightowlmama says
Nothing like licking the screen and wishing I was tasting that yummy dessert
Maureen @ Wisconsin Mommy says
What a great way to use up older bananas!!
Dee @ Cocktails with Mom says
This sounds and looks delicious! My kids LOVE Banana’s so I think this would def be a hit in my house, thank you for sharing!
Mmm looks delish!
Anne - Mommy Has to Work says
My hubby love banana pudding and loves cheesecake! Awesome!
Oh my goodness. That looks amazing!
Penelope (NYC Mom Blogger) says
Wow, it looks incredible!