Avant d’aller – Before I go
I’m checking in one last time before heading for a nine day visit to Paris. Yes, Paris…home of patisseries, boulangeries, divine chocolates and foods cooked in butter, under all sorts of creme sauces. So long Nutrisystem? Honestly, I am NOT taking any of my Nutrisystem snacks or foods on this trip. I did in Jamaica, but Paris is special. So special that I’m trusting myself to eat like the French do. Small portions, cheese for dessert, etc. I know that I’ll be walking throughout the city, so I’ll be getting plenty of exercise. History says that I won’t gain while I’m there. I’ve been many times before and even lived in Paris in the 70’s and never gained an ounce. That being said (and saying usually is the kiss of death), I’m allowing myself this week long pleasure.
In the meantime, I had yet ANOTHER successful week. Considering the fact that we went out to dinner a couple of times and I cooked for my B’s homecoming (and ate)…I LOST..
I’m OFFICIALLY down 14 lbs!!
I’m going to give you an idea of what I eat on a TYPICAL Nutrisystem day (my favorites).
- Cinnamon Bun – OMG, warm this up for a few seconds in the microwave and I’m in heaven
- Yogurt – I try to vary the flavors daily
- Peach – the peaches are good and juicy here in Florida right now…mmmm
- Coffee – I take mine black
- Small salad with a some diet dressing
- Steamed broccoli – my favorite veggie
- Margherita Pizza – this Nutrisystem pizza is absolutely DELISH and it’s the PERFECT personal size (I get to eat the whole thing myself)
- String cheese or BabyBel light
- Apple – Love having apple and cheese each day
- Small salad with diet dressing
- Meatloaf & Tomato Sauce with Mashed Potatoes – my ALL TIME FAVORITE Nutrisystem meal – I could eat this NIGHTLY
- Steamed carrots
- Fudge Brownie -although this is a toss-up, as I love the Golden Pound Cake too
So you see, it’s not like it’s a hardship eating this way, in fact it’s a treat every day of the week. Add to that the fact that I don’t have to cook, and it’s SO EASY to stick with. Yes, I still go out to dinner (Nutrisystem sends a guide to dining out), and no I NEVER feel deprived. I mean, how can you feel deprived when you can indulge in Nutrichocolate or Macaroni and Cheese?
Don’t forget – if you want to lose weight and LEARN the SKILLS to keep the weight off, Nutrisystem is still running their Summer Sale where you can save $100 on EACH 28 day Auto-Delivery order. For full details go to nutrisystem.com or call 888-853-4689
I wrote this on my behalf of my participation in the Nutrisystem blogging program. All opinions, successes and failures are my own.