They say that good things happen in threes, but in Denise’s Daily Dozen they definitely come in twelves.
Happy New Year everyone. Today is the day to write down those resolutions and BEGIN FRESH. Of course as always one of my resolutions (that I started a few months ago actually) is to lose weight and tone this old body of mine. Life is just not glamourous when you’re overweight and have to buy “THAT SIZE” (whatever “that size” is for YOU).
Denise Austin, who as most of you know is one of the premiere fitness experts for over 25 years has released a new book filled with diet-related material, and a program to help keep you strong, fit, and flexible, and she does it by the dozen.
With chapters that include yoga, cardio and fat burning (as well as toning) her “daily dozen tips” include how to eat better for less and boost your energy, sleep better and slim down all at the same time.
Beginning a diet and exercise program can certainly be overwhelming, especially when you haven’t been doing either.Ms. Austin breaks all of the elements down, a dozen at a time to make this every day program easy to follow. She even gives a day by day guide (The Plan), so that all you have to do is go to MONDAY or TUESDAY, etc. and your entire exercise and diet program for the day is in ONE chapter. This uncomplicated style will fit into my day quite easily.
For example –
- Monday – Cardio Fat Blast
- Tuesday – Lower-Body and Ab Workout
- Wednesday – Cardio Kickbox Workout
- Thursday – Upper-Body and Ab Workout
- Friday – Body Boot Camp Workout
- Saturday – Athletic Kettlebell-Inspired Workout
- Sunday – Yoga Stretch Workout
By mixing things up, you’ll never get bored with this. She even includes twelve meals that take all of twelve minutes to make (see, I told you it would fit into your day easily).
I like this no-nonsense, practical approach to getting into shape. Over the coming weeks I’ll be highlighting more ways to fulfill those New Year’s Resolutions you’ve made. The key is to jump right in and start.
Denise’s Daily Dozen: The Easy, Every Day Program to Lose Up to 12 Pounds in 2 Weeks is available for purchase at Amazon.com for $11.55 or from your local book dealer for $16.99.
Thank you to Hachette Book Group for providing this title for this book review as well as this giveaway. I wasin no way paid or compensated for my opinion.
1. Follow Champagne Living – on the sidebar
2. Subscribe to Champagne Living for FREE
3. Add us to your Facebook page
4. Twitter this giveaway
5. Add our badge to your blog/site
6. Blog about this giveaway
* Be sure to leave a comment letting me know if you’ve done any of these (if you already subscribe – please note that in the comments as well).
Please make sure you leave your email address when adding a comment or I will not be able to contact you if you win.
* This giveaway is open to US residents, 13 and over and ends on January 15, 2010 11:59 EST.
* The winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email.
* The winner has 48 hours to respond to my email or an alternate winner will be chosen.
* Please make sure you check your junk mail folder
* Good Luck